Giant Phone App Update 4-2024 cluster

Heems

May 4, 2022
California, US
Seems there is a new Giant app with new accounts ? When I went to start the app to go bike I was presented with the annoying message that I could not continue to ride unless I “updated” my account:

1713736625924.png

Except that it doesn’t work. I go through the steps to sign up and it wants to send a verification code. Neither email or phone work though. Nothing is received.

Giant, wtf? Are you actively trying to sabotage people using your bikes? There is no way to bypass this process as far as I can tell.

Update: tried an hour later and got the notification this time. There is a grammar issue on this app screen though Giant:
IMG_5637.jpeg

Last edited:

offroad

Dec 29, 2021
Wanaka, New Zealand
With Giant recently going public on subject 'Ebike Tampering', don't be surprised if the app and updated device firmwares are collecting analytics to verify any speed derestriction device fitted. Or secondly, comparing cadence and torque outputs against battery use which could pick up speed sensor relocation (which many of us have done).

So when you turn up at the 'stealership' for warranty, they have an excuse to say 'NO' ($$$)

(Hello to all the developers at MICROPROGRAM who are reading this).

IMG_6073.JPG

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
I very much dislike having to set up accounts the same as everyone else. I almost never use the Giant app, but it is needed for things like changing the motor settings etc. if you want to do that.

As far as riders who have derestricted bikes, that does void the warranty. If it didn't, the cost of repairs for wrecks caused by backyard bodgers would be passed on in higher prices. But no one likes the idea of companies collecting data.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles