G'day from Germany - I chose the Spectral over the Speci

michaelz

Mar 15, 2019
33758 Schloß Holte, Germany
Hi guys and a friendly "Hello" from good old Germany :)

I am riding trails, freeride and park with my Bio All Mountain and DH bikes and now decided to add an E-MTB to the mix for longer tours with less suffering.

I was pretty torn between the Levo, Kenevo and Spectral and at the end, decided for the low end Spectral (6). The reason was not budget but the bike itself. The Levo is a great looking bike and it feels awesome but IMHO more for placid trail riding. The Kenevo looks even better but is IMHO for semi-agressive trails a bit over the top. So at the end I ordered the Spectral which seems to be at the sweet spot. I got the 6 as I really liked the specs. The Fox components are awesome and the breaks and SRAM drive train is what I use on my other bikes as well, which makes it really nice for maintenance. I do almost all of my repairs myself, so I don't really need a bike shop.

I am curious, if my thought process was rubbish and what experiences you guys made with those 3 bikes.

Cheers
Mike

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Congrats!
Being in Germany the canyon makes so much sense because you are closer to the factory and thereby service if needed.

I Do not dare going the factory direct route from Spain since I am not a great mechanic.

Mike S

Mar 6, 2019
Kent UK
Hi Mike
I was in exactly the same position, I thought the Levo was for me, but have ended up ordering the Spectral 6, mainly due to the ease of battery removal and the specs. Currently waiting for it to be processed and delivered. My current bike is an acoustic Spectral AL from 2016, I know Canyon can be a bit slow on the orders, hoping it will be here in the UK before spring. Like you I’ll tackle most repairs myself so don’t mind the mail order route. Ultimately I don’t think there is a right or wrong it’s whatever suits you and gets you out! Good luck with the bike!
Mike

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Think you done alright, as long as you are happy, that is all that matters.
I Went the Levo, because I can tune the shit out of the motor with the BLEvo app. It means I can extend my range and only use as much power as I need, and not have it deliver silly amounts all the time. Some systems I found eco too little, trail not quite enough, and turbo too much.
Now I can set it to suit me exactly

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles