Garmin users: Training Status and the Power Sensor

marcuse

Dec 8, 2022
Galicia
I am another sufferer of this problem (Stance E+1 2021, Garmin 530). Just wanted to add that I do get reasonable power readings when using the Wahoo mobile app to track the route. That app, instead of seeing 3 different sensors (cad/speed, power, ebike), it just sees one cad/speed/power sensor, and the results are in the expected range for the Sunday-morning-cyclist that I am (around 130W average for 3-4 hours ride).

Would it be possible to connect the power meter to the Garmin by bluetooth instead of ANT+? Has somebody tried?

And, do we at least know for sure whether the culprit of the situation is Giant or Garmin? I am tempted to send the Garmin back (bought a week ago) and start using an old mobile phone with Oruxmaps or something like that.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I am another sufferer of this problem (Stance E+1 2021, Garmin 530). Just wanted to add that I do get reasonable power readings when using the Wahoo mobile app to track the route. That app, instead of seeing 3 different sensors (cad/speed, power, ebike), it just sees one cad/speed/power sensor, and the results are in the expected range for the Sunday-morning-cyclist that I am (around 130W average for 3-4 hours ride).

Would it be possible to connect the power meter to the Garmin by bluetooth instead of ANT+? Has somebody tried?

And, do we at least know for sure whether the culprit of the situation is Giant or Garmin? I am tempted to send the Garmin back (bought a week ago) and start using an old mobile phone with Oruxmaps or something like that.
My same Garmin connected to a Specialized gets real honest power meter data.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles