Garmin Edge 530 data screen and Trek Rail 9.8 XT

netbeui435

May 22, 2022
Massachusetts. USA
Does anyone have guidance why the Garmin Edge 530 does not recognize/pair to the Rail in terms of using the Edge 530 ebike data screen?

I did try to find this information on the forum but was unable to locate.

Thanks in advance,
Netbeui

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Does anyone have guidance why the Garmin Edge 530 does not recognize/pair to the Rail in terms of using the Edge 530 ebike data screen?

I did try to find this information on the forum but was unable to locate.

Thanks in advance,
Netbeui

As far as I'm aware there is no way to connect a bosch ebike drive with any 3rd-party device over ANT+ or BT.

netbeui435

May 22, 2022
Massachusetts. USA
I will give Garmin a call.
I have a lot of their equipment including the Alpha 100 (and collars) for upland hunting dogs, an Oregon GPS, a "native" garmin GPS in my motorcycle, etc. Hopefully they will provide some more information which I will share if they do.

Thank you all for the quick responses.
Netbeui

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I will give Garmin a call.
I have a lot of their equipment including the Alpha 100 (and collars) for upland hunting dogs, an Oregon GPS, a "native" garmin GPS in my motorcycle, etc. Hopefully they will provide some more information which I will share if they do.

Thank you all for the quick responses.
Netbeui
Excellent look forward to the feedback.

netbeui435

May 22, 2022
Massachusetts. USA
Ok I just spoke with Garmin about my Trek Rail 9.8 XT not populating the ebike data screen on my Edge 530.
Garmin says the signals on the Rail are proprietary and until Trek and Bosch do something to enable that communication there will be no such connectivity.
I use the Garmin speed and cadence ANT sensors so no big loss there. Any other data is captured by the native Bosch ebikeConnect app which is pretty good too.
Cheers,
Netbeui

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles