Full Power vers Mid Power : different perspective

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
Pilot - 65 yrs old, 217lbs. Health- average, experience- raced motocross professionally (long ago) and ridden MTBs from early 90s

Bikes:
Crestline(race motor) 53lbs
Pivot SUTTLE SL XTR 41 lbs

If you have Off Road Motorcycle Experience:
Crestline = 450 YZ fourstroke - early 250/open twostroke race bikes
Pivot= 250 YZ fourstroke - early 125 twostroke race bikes

If you have the body / fitness type that works great with quick handling and are a momentum rider, then the pivot is a rocket ship. Sport car = Porsche Cayman GT4 / 911 GT3
If you have the body type/ fitness that likes being physical , blasting / flying over through stuff then the Crestline full power is for you. Sport car= Corvette Zo6 / late model Viper

Local green/ blue loop :
The better results are the Pivot and it is directly attributed to the terrain

IMG_0425.png IMG_0424.png

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
BTY- both loops metrics was done in eco mode for >85% of the loop. A couple of steep uphills were in blue for Pivot and EMTB mode on Crestline.
In addition the Pivot has the latest firmware update that is fantastic. I was going to sale this bike (Pivot) but now I am keeping it and selling my Mondraker crafty R.

CliffP

Jan 24, 2023
San Antonio Texas
Well good point, it was more about handling characteristics and feel. Everyone knows full power ( race ) motor is superior in higher powers . Thus the car/ motorcycle reference

501AM

May 10, 2023
Sweden
I would probably go for an SL bike if I did ride mostly in eco, but the turbo/boost modes on full fats are too fun, and then most of the small SL motors don't have a chance. Different horses for different courses I guess. :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles