Fuel EXe Fuel EXe…….How many miles do you have? What issues have you had?

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Curious to see how many miles and how reliable your EXe has been. Mine just turned 2,000 miles. I haven’t had any issues whatsoever on the bike. The motor is still as quiet as my first ride. Hopefully the next 2K miles are just as flawless.

90D2A864-D92B-4964-B451-0AAD51E75FE9.jpeg

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
Curious to see how many miles and how reliable your EXe has been. Mine just turned 2,000 miles. I haven’t had any issues whatsoever on the bike. The motor is still as quiet as my first ride. Hopefully the next 2K miles are just as flawless.

View attachment 137766
What service and maintenance you have done in 2000 miles running ? I am just new with my fuel e-xe 9.8 and run it for 500 km. Are you in US? If yes your assist speed limit is 25 MPH or 30 km/h?

The Reverend

Aug 13, 2022
Melbourne
Hmm, I've had mine since August 2022 and it's just at ~2000kms.

It's an amazing bike and descending is well beyond what I'd expected it to do.

I've had the chainring creaking on and off and it's been back to the LBS a few times on that.
3 controller units, one bar mount controller.
I've gone through two chainrings too in the early months. That was 100% rider error / exuberance. Had to buy a smaller one and run it in high and with a 160mm fork to avoid that happening again.

They even swapped out the rocker and seat stays as apparently they were misaligned from the factory.

At the moment the motor is making some strange noises and sensations(surging and halting).

Not sure what that is but it's headed in for a full inspection at the LBS.

Overall I love it, (despite how the above reads). For me it'd be better with a touch more power / torque and range but it might just be me as I'm 105kgs on an XL.

If you're a lighter rider, say 60-80kgs it'd be awesome both up and down.

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
First motor failed at ~450 miles
Frame cracked at ~450 miles - discovered while cleaning the bike to take it in for the new motor
Handlebar remote failed at ~800 miles

New motor/frame etc has all been fine since though - so pretty happy with it

Keith3007

Jan 7, 2023
Glasgow
My son and i both have pimped up 9.5 builds

On my bike only the frame, battery and motor (TQ system) remain from original purchase Oct 22, i've had the following warranty replacements.

New motor (sounded and felt like it disintegrated internally end of 2023)
New handlebar controller (not fit for purpose as replacement now split in same place, sons also)
New battery (handle screw grommets detached from battery body, on inspection all places where there are grommets have hairline cracks, suggest you inspect yours)

My Sons (not used much as he's currently at uni in Denmark and left bike at home)

Same battery issue although handle had not yet detached form body, now replaced.
Handlebar controller.

Regards motor i'm now disappointed, seems to overheat easily then go into limp mode with minimal assistance, I wonder if the stock alloy crank arms rather than e thirteen carbon upgrade I put on would help pull heat out? It get's way too hot, cannot be good for internals and probably contributed to the failure. Fine when you have Trek/TQ warranty but not filled with confidence going forward...pity as that aside a great bike.

IMG_8962.PNG

IMG_6913.jpeg

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
My son and i both have pimped up 9.5 builds

On my bike only the frame, battery and motor (TQ system) remain from original purchase Oct 22, i've had the following warranty replacements.

New motor (sounded and felt like it disintegrated internally end of 2023)
New handlebar controller (not fit for purpose as replacement now split in same place, sons also)
New battery (handle screw grommets detached from battery body, on inspection all places where there are grommets have hairline cracks, suggest you inspect yours)

My Sons (not used much as he's currently at uni in Denmark and left bike at home)

Same battery issue although handle had not yet detached form body, now replaced.
Handlebar controller.

Regards motor i'm now disappointed, seems to overheat easily then go into limp mode with minimal assistance, I wonder if the stock alloy crank arms rather than e thirteen carbon upgrade I put on would help pull heat out? It get's way too hot, cannot be good for internals and probably contributed to the failure. Fine when you have Trek/TQ warranty but not filled with confidence going forward...pity as that aside a great bike.

View attachment 138331

View attachment 138316
Thank a lot for your good comments , do you jump with your bike too much because of broken battery handle , what about battery charge holding before battery replacing? What about assist control pushbottom ? Did you change it as well ?

RRBM

Mar 23, 2024
New Zealand
Fuel Exe 9.5 1700 km, in NZ so speed limited to 32 km, great bike and echo all the positives from the posts in this thread. What I like is that on the flat can ride with no assist for my first 4-5 km until I get to the hill tracks, so good warm up.
Issues, creaking from motor mounts at first but fixed at LBS once I found a mechanic who also had a Exe and knew what he was doing, controller replaced under warranty as wouldn’t turn off, my remote cracked on a ride too, and you have to be very careful with tightening it on bar, here they sell for ridiculous price and I got one in from states for half retail here.
Have replaced chain at 900 km. And back brake pads at 1200 km I am really pleased with bike, have purchased a battery extender but have hardly used it.

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
Fuel Exe 9.5 1700 km, in NZ so speed limited to 32 km, great bike and echo all the positives from the posts in this thread. What I like is that on the flat can ride with no assist for my first 4-5 km until I get to the hill tracks, so good warm up.
Issues, creaking from motor mounts at first but fixed at LBS once I found a mechanic who also had a Exe and knew what he was doing, controller replaced under warranty as wouldn’t turn off, my remote cracked on a ride too, and you have to be very careful with tightening it on bar, here they sell for ridiculous price and I got one in from states for half retail here.
Have replaced chain at 900 km. And back brake pads at 1200 km I am really pleased with bike, have purchased a battery extender but have hardly used it.
What happened on remote pushbottom that you have changed , shall I keep one as spare because Trek representative in Dubai is so week in spare part .What about display unit ?

RRBM

Mar 23, 2024
New Zealand
I had a crash and it rotated around the bar, it was fairly loose so when I got home I went to tighten it and noticed that it had a crack in it, you have to be careful tightening the screw so you do want it a bit like brake handles not so tight that they won’t rotate if you have prang. I managed to glue it up and it has held fine but got a new one in as a spare and carry it with me, the price here was $NZ279 and. O one had them in stock so I managed to get one to NZ from the states for all up $NZ145.

the BS in states I got it from had a stock of about 26 I think so it must be a part that riders have problems with, it came with the cable you can’t by it separate, but you can buy the cable separate, good old Trek marketing, 😆

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
What service and maintenance you have done in 2000 miles running ? I am just new with my fuel e-xe 9.8 and run it for 500 km. Are you in US? If yes your assist speed limit is 25 MPH or 30 km/h?

The only thing I have had done is one firmware update and normal cleaning. I have gone through a couple sets of tires. I am in the US, so I think the speed limit is 25 mph.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles