Front shocks service costs

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
Hi,

Just wondering what I should expect to pay for a front shock service at LBS.

Noticed the fork seems very stiff before putting any pressure on it after it's been left for a couple of days.

Looking at the parts and (service kit, oil and seal fitting tool) it's going to cost around £50-60 to do it myself (a bit more if I cant find the right sized socket for removing the air shaft.

Thanks
M

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I bought lower service kit and seals and there's enough fluid and grease to service them loads of times, I already had a cassette tool tho.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Check with the LBS that they actually do the service. Otherwise they will remove the fork for you and send it off to the manufacturer's service agent. They charge the LBS, and post it back. Then the LBS will refit the fork and charge you. You can save the hassle of taking the bike into the LBS, the extra delay while they schedule in the work (removal and refitting) by doing that work yourself. Find out who the fork's service agent is on Google, or ask on here, or send to TF Tuned (a UK company). They do all the major brands and I have found them to be very friendly, willing to discuss stuff on the phone and most importantly they do a good job.

Book a Suspension Service Including Forks and Shocks - TF Tuned
and for service costs, use this
Search results for... service costs - TF Tuned

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles