From France :)

Tamtami

Apr 11, 2021
France
Hi !
New rider from France, near Grenoble ! I have discovered this great forum really useful to share our passion !
I have a Giant E+2 Trance 2021, before I had a Haibike AllMnt 7.0.

Have a good riding day !

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Welcome Tamtami,
did your Haibike have the Bosch motor and if so, can you comment on the differences between your Giant Yamaha and Bosch?
Cheers!

Tamtami

Apr 11, 2021
France
Hello Jean-Marc,

Yes my Haibike was equipped with a Bosch Gen3. It was a good motor, the consumption is better than the Giant motor, the e-mtb mode is smarter than the Giant one, but that’s all...

The Yamaha/Giant is more linear, the tork is better, ant the motor does not stop breaking at the slightest obstacle unlike the bosch engine, even I have tried the Bosh Gen 4 with the extended boost.

The Giant e Trance is clearly a better bike, easy to ride, very confortable, more precise, with a better quality of components...

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Hello Jean-Marc,

Yes my Haibike was equipped with a Bosch Gen3. It was a good motor, the consumption is better than the Giant motor, the e-mtb mode is smarter than the Giant one, but that’s all...

The Yamaha/Giant is more linear, the tork is better, ant the motor does not stop breaking at the slightest obstacle unlike the bosch engine, even I have tried the Bosh Gen 4 with the extended boost.

The Giant e Trance is clearly a better bike, easy to ride, very confortable, more precise, with a better quality of components...

Thanks for the quick answer!
I really like my 2020 Trance E+2 with Yamaha motor but I have not tried any others… I was really interested in upgrading my bike to the newer 2021 with 29” wheels but alas it is not available yet at my Local Bike Shop, he’s expecting his demo to come in June. As for battery consumption, I never ran out of power with the 500Wh on single rides lasting up to 3 hours, at which time by body is starting to fall apart anyway ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles