Fox 36 vs Fox 38 Fork, which is better?

SimonCantJump

Oct 4, 2021
Australia
Hi all!

Greetings from Australia. We have been in a state of perennial covid lockdowns for the past 24 months. Thanks to our continuous state of lockdowns, I have decided to purchase an Ebike after about 12 months of waiting and lack of stock.

The only bike available for me is a Scott Genius Eride 900 tuned 2021 which I half reluctantly purchased a week ago. My first choice, Norco Range VLT, 2022 is now delayed until early Feb 2022, assuming it won't be delayed again!

Do you guys know if the Eride 900 Tuned 2021 will have enough travel for a heavy guy like me? I'm 93kg, I prefered the Range VLT C1 cos it has a Fox 38, while the Genius 900 is a Fox 36.

I'm a novice rider. I do like the idea of having a bit of fun downhill doing jumps and stuff like that.

Cheers!

Simon

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
Your weight isn't what dictates the amount of travel you have - where/what you ride does.

So the Scott has 160mm of travel of Fox 36's - that's a fairly heavyweight fork for most people - if you are a hard rider then you might want 38's but as you are a novice rider I'd say you are good to go.

FYI I'd say I'm on the aggressive side of riding, weight 130kg and my 160mm 36's are just fine for 99% of what I do.

SimonCantJump

Oct 4, 2021
Australia
Your weight isn't what dictates the amount of travel you have - where/what you ride does.

So the Scott has 160mm of travel of Fox 36's - that's a fairly heavyweight fork for most people - if you are a hard rider then you might want 38's but as you are a novice rider I'd say you are good to go.

FYI I'd say I'm on the aggressive side of riding, weight 130kg and my 160mm 36's are just fine for 99% of what I do.

Thanks for settling the nerves mate! I am having a bit if buyers remorse, as I was desperate for a bike 😅. It will clear soon enough haha.

What sort of riding do you do if you don't mind me asking? And what do U ride?

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
Thanks for settling the nerves mate! I am having a bit if buyers remorse, as I was desperate for a bike 😅. It will clear soon enough haha.

What sort of riding do you do if you don't mind me asking? And what do U ride?

I ride anything tbh. I'm not the biggest jumper but I like a DH enduro run for sure.

As for my ride - I've a Heckler and Heckler MX - so a 160mm and 140mm bike.

If I'm riding all-mountain/enduro type stuff I go with the Heckler and if it's more trail stuff I keep with the Heckler MX and the shorter travel.

Anyway - you'll enjoy the Scott for sure.

SimonCantJump

Oct 4, 2021
Australia
I ride anything tbh. I'm not the biggest jumper but I like a DH enduro run for sure.

As for my ride - I've a Heckler and Heckler MX - so a 160mm and 140mm bike.

If I'm riding all-mountain/enduro type stuff I go with the Heckler and if it's more trail stuff I keep with the Heckler MX and the shorter travel.

Anyway - you'll enjoy the Scott for sure.

Nice bikes!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles