Fox 36 Float Factory FIT4 calibration?

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Any one has good tips how to calibrate the Fox 36 float?
i have that fork on my cube stereo hybrid 40 action team and i find it a bit too hard.

LBS set it to just below my weight, but it has so many settings i don't know what's best to do :)
same for the rear shock...

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
are the figures of fox to be taken with a rock of salt then? :)

I use them as a base and adjust based on ride feel and how much travel I'm using. My personal experience is that Fox (38 for me) seem to work better with a touch less sag than Rockshox. For my riding at least.

There are tons of good youtube videos on suspension set up. The Dialled ones from Fox are good.

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Wind both compressions wide open. Set sag to about 25-30% with you standing on the pedals wearing riding gear. Leave high speed open, put three clicks on low speed compression, adjust to taste to make sure you have support in berms and under braking but keep the fork supple. If in doubt, just leave compression totally open for now.

Push the bars hard down with open hands and let the fork spring back. Adjust the high speed rebound so the tyre doesn't skip on rebound. Start with Fox's recommended clicks for your weight on the low speed rebound.

If the bike pogo's on landing a jump, you need a bit more high speed rebound damping. If the bike is punchy and harsh on braking bumps, you need a little less low speed rebound damping so the fork doesn't pack down. The two rebound circuits are somewhat linked, if you adjust one, then try adjusting the other the other way to leave it where it was.

Low speed rebound is the most critical for making a fork work properly, it's absolutely amazing what a single click can do to transform how a fork rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles