Rail (625Wh) Fourth time lucky?

Coatezy

Nov 8, 2022
South West, UK
I ordered a Rail 5 Gen 2 back in October. The first bike turned up mid November but sadly there was a paint defect on the top bar. Since then the Trek dealer has ordered in two others which also had similar issues (I’ve not seen them though) and I’m currently waiting for the fourth to arrive. Is this normal? Can’t fault the dealer btw but If I hadn't invested in PPF and a Kiox to replace the Purion I think I’d begin to reconsider. 😅

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
After a year of use my Rail 5 is bashed around a bit (typical South Downs and bike park offs) in spite of being invisiframe wrapped. You live in the South West UK and you'll probably drop yours with the inevitable paint damage. Having poor paint on delivery is not good, but if you ride it hard you will zap the paint.

Coatezy

Nov 8, 2022
South West, UK
Like said, damage is inevitable but it’s pretty disappointing when you take delivery with chips or other defects in the paint, it just takes the shine off new bike day. Apparently the first was the best of the bunch, maybe I should have just gone with that one in hindsight.

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
My "army green" 2021 Rail 5 has a few chips, mainly around the seat stay, a couple elsewhere, exposing the light/white undercoat.

Does anyone know of a source for touch-up paint?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles