Fork upgrade

sliplume

Jun 5, 2019
dundee
500 miles in and I’m in love with the bike but I’ve struggled from day 1 With the Yari. It’s a great fork and feels mega plush but I find the first part of the stroke to easy. I’m a 80kg rider and in the end was running 105psi with one volume spacer. My home trails are steep and technical and more often than not damp. I found tight steep switchbacks difficult but the majority of the other riding good.
A 170mm 2018 fox 36 has just been added and the bike has been transformed. The bike is faster and more responsive yet still maintains ultimate traction.
I’d highly recommend this upgrade if you are struggling with your Yari or just want more.

DE55D590-97C9-42A6-93FF-6093D6E7A314.jpeg

3191DF07-225F-4215-9DD1-984525140C75.jpeg

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
500 miles in and I’m in love with the bike but I’ve struggled from day 1 With the Yari. It’s a great fork and feels mega plush but I find the first part of the stroke to easy. I’m a 80kg rider and in the end was running 105psi with one volume spacer. My home trails are steep and technical and more often than not damp. I found tight steep switchbacks difficult but the majority of the other riding good.
A 170mm 2018 fox 36 has just been added and the bike has been transformed. The bike is faster and more responsive yet still maintains ultimate traction.
I’d highly recommend this upgrade if you are struggling with your Yari or just want more.

View attachment 16692

View attachment 16693

An alternative to a brand new fork is a custom-tuned new open-bath damper from Avalanche Downhill Racing; you specify your bike and riding style; they ship the damper assembly to you; install and add oil. Expensive, but half the cost of a new fork. I did this with my 2016 Fox 36 which was harsh over fast rocky bumps - the fork was transformed with the unexpected added benefit of making the bike much less wallowy out of the saddle with less brake dive.

frazerrobbo

Mar 7, 2019
Aberdeen, Scotland
I have same bike and my mate has Focus Sam2. Both have the Yari and i have to say Focus seem to do a better job of setting the fork up as his fork just feels better tuned out of the box than the Vitus one. Glad bike is working better for you, however, I'm not a fan of the colour's on that Fox fork, just doesn't match the stealthy looks of the bike at all. If upgrading my fork i'll probably end up with the Red or Black Lyric one of these days.