Levo Gen 2 Fork Stem Riser Question

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Here is my Cobalt Blue 2021. I have a question for my fellow riders: How high can I go on Stem Fork riser on my Levo and still keep the swat tool. Attachwed are the 2 different things Ive been playing around with. The variable one works great and I have no problems there. BUT Id rather use a straight up stem fork riser like the one pictured. I tried. I DID get it to go on but them the stabilizing screw wasnt long enough to meet the nut at the base of the fork. Any ideas?? Am I limited to ONLY the adjustable which as I say works great but looks dorky. I also have a diety anodized blue triple clamp Id love to use but I cant with the variable stem roser. I already have 80 mm bars from Diety so I dont need any advice there. I know Im going quite high but Im 60 plus and need the bars up high. Thanks Perhaps to go with straight stem I just need to go shorter my guess??

IMG_20201118_154442.jpg

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
I agree. Im just trying to minimize arm pump and slight neck pain is all. suggestions? Ive only have 6 rides on it so far. Tx!

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
This pivoting bolt, is it strong enough to withstand forces which can occur when going through rough terrain?
You mean on the adjustable riser?? That bolt is absolutly very strong and well torques down. Not something that changes "on the fly "

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
After looking at that thing I understand what your saying. Yah not the best set up I suppose. Is ther anything I can do "aside from my diety 80 mm bars to raise up the bars a bit?? Perhaps get a longer reach swat tool and add some washers or a small 1 inch riser maybe??

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
An adjustable riser stem has no place on a mountain bike..its just not designed to take the sort of stress it will get off road. You can get fixed stems with difference rises (albeit nowhere near as much as your adjustable stem), you can also move the stem spacer that is on top of the stem to below the stem. If your existing bolt does not reach the star nut, get a longer bolt or set another star nut into the steerer tube.
If all of that is still not enough for you, there are companies that can change the steerer tube on your forks for a longer one. However, I would be worried that you have already radically changed your riding position on the bike with those 80 mm rise bars to the extent most of your weight is going to be on the saddle/back wheel. I think you should just stick with your riser bars and work to get used to the riding position. If that does not work out you maybe need to think about a different more casual riding type bike which will naturally have a more upright riding position.

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Wow, Great answer Thank You. Im going to do just that. Stick with the 80 mm riser bars for now. See how that goes. Then look at perhaps a FIXED stem with a safe rise and longer bolt "if needed". Thank You so much! Now I can use my diety clamp! Tyou Mike indeed. Look for me back on here with some updates on my progress. Have a blessed Holiday and stay safe on those downhills. Champ!!!!

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Here is my Cobalt Blue 2021. I have a question for my fellow riders: How high can I go on Stem Fork riser on my Levo and still keep the swat tool. Attachwed are the 2 different things Ive been playing around with. The variable one works great and I have no problems there. BUT Id rather use a straight up stem fork riser like the one pictured. I tried. I DID get it to go on but them the stabilizing screw wasnt long enough to meet the nut at the base of the fork. Any ideas?? Am I limited to ONLY the adjustable which as I say works great but looks dorky. I also have a diety anodized blue triple clamp Id love to use but I cant with the variable stem roser. I already have 80 mm bars from Diety so I dont need any advice there. I know Im going quite high but Im 60 plus and need the bars up high. Thanks Perhaps to go with straight stem I just need to go shorter my guess??

View attachment 46338
At this level I believe what you want(need) is a city bike. I cannot see you doing decent MTBing with this set up.

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
I hear you, Ive been doing 90% street riding thats reason Im asking this. I DO go into the woods with my buddies AND do drops and climbs as I also have a dirt bike and believe me I go fairly fast. I think my plan "as of now unless someone convinces me otherwise" keep the riser for riding the street only, typically 40 plus miles a day, and when I hit the woods take off the riser and go only with the 80 mm diety bars alone. What do you think? Tyou

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Its done. Diety blue anodozed clamp back on with the 80 mm diety bars, WITH one washer on top! "Pro Tip" I learn quick. Thanks everyone who made this easier for me and you know what? I just took her out and I could barely feel the difference, In fact it felt more competitive and fun even. as it wanted to go fast hence so did I. We'll see how the neck and back are after an all day ride. Thanks Again

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
An adjustable riser stem has no place on a mountain bike..its just not designed to take the sort of stress it will get off road. You can get fixed stems with difference rises (albeit nowhere near as much as your adjustable stem), you can also move the stem spacer that is on top of the stem to below the stem. If your existing bolt does not reach the star nut, get a longer bolt or set another star nut into the steerer tube.
If all of that is still not enough for you, there are companies that can change the steerer tube on your forks for a longer one. However, I would be worried that you have already radically changed your riding position on the bike with those 80 mm rise bars to the extent most of your weight is going to be on the saddle/back wheel. I think you should just stick with your riser bars and work to get used to the riding position. If that does not work out you maybe need to think about a different more casual riding type bike which will naturally have a more upright riding position.
How' does that look?! Back to get basics, yes? One washer on top "pro tip"

PXL_20201205_223250708.jpg

PXL_20201205_223239457.jpg

PXL_20201205_223220482.jpg

PXL_20201205_223215012.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles