Levo SL Gen 1 Fork and Tire Combination

parojask

Nov 2, 2020
Chile
Hi, new guy on a Levo SL, curious about what front tire and fork combination people are riding. Looking for future upgrades.

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
Chile, anti grip. I know what i have to use, but just curious about sizes that fit

Schwalbe Magic Mary Addix Soft Folding Tyre - 29" - Black / Addix Soft / Snakeskin / 29" / 2.35"
front tire tubeless
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Addix SpeedGrip Folding Tyre - 29" - Black / Addix SpeedGrip / Snakeskin / 29" / 2.35" / Folding
rear tire tubeless

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Maxxis DHR II 2.6 in front with Fox Factory 36
Maxxis Assegai 2.5 rear
Rimpact inserts front and rear

IMG_3019.jpg

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
How do you like that suspension setup? Thinking of doing the same thing or X2. I have an 11/6 on my acoustic bike and love it, but want to give air a chance for some reason.
I've been very happy with it. Prior to my SL I had the ACS3 and the DHX2 on my full power Levo and really liked the feeling of the spring (I'm coming from a moto background), however I don't think Push had a spring stiff enough for me, so when I got the SL, I switched to the Fox 36, love the adjustability of it, bike is really planted and smooth.

EVILTaylor

Sep 8, 2020
Spokane Washington
I've been very happy with it. Prior to my SL I had the ACS3 and the DHX2 on my full power Levo and really liked the feeling of the spring (I'm coming from a moto background), however I don't think Push had a spring stiff enough for me, so when I got the SL, I switched to the Fox 36, love the adjustability of it, bike is really planted and smooth.
Ha! Moto background here as well. Thinking I may copy your same setup :) Once you go coil, it is really hard to look back.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Ha! Moto background here as well. Thinking I may copy your same setup :) Once you go coil, it is really hard to look back.
Evil, figured I should update you and anyone else interested. I have a "wobble" to my DHX2, spoke to Fox and they said they will warranty it but it will happen again. Apparently the yoke on the Levo's and Stumpy's put some sort of sideways stress on the shock shaft that causes some sort of damage to the bushings (I'm probably not explaining it correctly). Anyhow, Fox is saying that they are discouraging Levo and Stumpjumper owners from buying their coil shock and staying with air, so you may want to reconsider copying my set up and go with the X2 (if you can find one)

EVILTaylor

Sep 8, 2020
Spokane Washington
Evil, figured I should update you and anyone else interested. I have a "wobble" to my DHX2, spoke to Fox and they said they will warranty it but it will happen again. Apparently the yoke on the Levo's and Stumpy's put some sort of sideways stress on the shock shaft that causes some sort of damage to the bushings (I'm probably not explaining it correctly). Anyhow, Fox is saying that they are discouraging Levo and Stumpjumper owners from buying their coil shock and staying with air, so you may want to reconsider copying my set up and go with the X2 (if you can find one)
Good to know! I always wanted to try an X2 so I think I will. Going to get that with the Fox 36 Performance fork. Technically the e-optimized version (not that I care about the E-Optimized), but it saves a few hundred bucks over the 36 Factory fork. It is winter here, so I am fine to wait until inventory reappears on these. Hoping to have everything setup by April of next year.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles