Focus Bold2 29er Upgrade

Sedona03

Mar 13, 2019
Bristol
Hi All, just thought I'd give an update on my Focus Bold2 29er.. When I bought it last year liked it lot now after adding a few upgrades I really like it lot.. Being a hardtail and I'm old I don't need to go down the mental trails with the big jumps, gaps or drop offs so can concentrate on the less technical more flowing trails.. In the past year I've had the bike, myself and friends have had great fun at the Forest of Dean(where I chatted with the guy from the embt YouTube channel, great advice.) Ashton Court and various tracks and trails around Bristol but always wanted a bit more.! I first put a dropper with lever under seat, didn't want to clutter bars.. Added 40mm rise bars to raise my head a little with some DMR Death grips..DMR peddles, they're nylon but grip very well.. Max is Minnions DHR 2.35 front and rear, might change to 2.6 or 2.8 when worn but for now they're fine.. Today I've changed the drive train from Shimano XT, it was causing problems, to the new Sram NX Eagle.. 12 speed cassette, derailleur and trigger, must say very impressed at moment and let you know if I get problems.. The trigger feels so much better as you just use your thumb to go up and down cassette rather than trying to wrap your finger over the grip to get to the downshift lever.. Anyway thanks for reading and I'll post a few pics.. Let me know your thoughts if you like the upgrades or even not(i don't care I love it, ha ha.) cheers all, might try to get to Swinduro..

IMG_20190604_174909.jpg

IMG_20190604_174858.jpg

IMG_20190604_174950.jpg

IMG_20190604_174934.jpg

IMG_20190604_174846.jpg

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have the same bike, with XT, and you can use your thumb for shifting up and down, just like SRAM (my other bike has SRAM so it felt natural).
I also put riser bars on and am keen to know how you get on with the Minions. I'm not that impressed with the Nobby Nics that came with my bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles