Flat Pedals that protruded out from the cranks as little as possible.

Gilbo

Nov 16, 2022
Isle of man
Hi
Where I ride trails have a lot of use from emtb mtb mx and enduro bike and are rutted badly in places. So getting a lot of pedals strikes on sides of Ruts. I’ve gone to shorter 155mm hope cranks which has helped ( bike is full suspension so gonna sit down when pushing on) But was just wondering if anyone else out there has had or having similar problems. I’ve got shimano saint flat pedals on the bike at the mo with no complaints other than they protrude out quiet a bit.
Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You can buy different sized pedals both in terms of length and width. Different pedals also vary in terms of depth. So buying narrower pedals which are also pretty "thin" may provide with a few extra mm of clearance but at the end of the day you just have pick your lines and try to avoid deep and narrow rutted areas. I know exactly what you mean because I occasionally ride trails that were set up for MX races and deep narrow ruts are what those bikes create. You have to create highside alternative lines...............or ride elsewhere.............or do some trail work and fill in the ruts!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles