Flat Pedals Recommendations For Riders With Larger Feet!

Apr 27, 2022
UK
Any recommendations for flat pedals for those of us with larger feet? I'm a UK size 12 - 13 (depending on the brand) and ride flat pedals. I find I am constantly having to adjust foot position to avoid coming offthe edge of the pedal.

My normal bike is fitted with One Up Alu pedals and they are great but I can't fit these to the e-Thriteen carbon cranks on my Rail due to the crank boots. I'm aware One Up make their pedals in composite but I would like to stick with Aluminium pedals if possible (they look better!). There are a bewildering variety on the the market so I'm wondering what you guys think are the best options. Pedal width is a bit more important for me, although the length is obviously a factor too.

Ispepsi

Apr 17, 2022
Canada
Saw the review for these a week and a bit ago, for big feet they might be easy to go.
Pedaling innovations catalyst one.
I've got Vaults I've always been happy with, and it seems like chain reaction has been having great deals on nukeproof Horizon pedals for months now, 50% or more off at times. They seem to get consistently good reviews as well...

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I'm size 11 and these are my go to
Nukeproof Horizon Pro Sam Hill Enduro
HT PA03A
The HT is the bigger one and is only 30 quid but suprisingly I like them just as much as the nukeproofs with the only minor issue of environmentalism and slightly rough bearing bushing combo

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
images.jpg

Shimano Saints with the long pins, just watch your shins :ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2022
UK
Saw the review for these a week and a bit ago, for big feet they might be easy to go.
Pedaling innovations catalyst one.
I've got Vaults I've always been happy with, and it seems like chain reaction has been having great deals on nukeproof Horizon pedals for months now, 50% or more off at times. They seem to get consistently good reviews as well...
I have Nukeproof Neutrons fitted at the moment, I'm always falling off the edge of them.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I've ordered a set of CrankBrothers Stamp 11. Hopefully they will do the job.
Max rider weight: 200lb/90kg ...

Apr 27, 2022
UK
Max rider weight: 200lb/90kg ...

I'm 86 Kg's, so it should be ok!

Apr 27, 2022
UK
Plus your riding gear etc?

Are 7's same as 11's but without the 90kg weight limitation?

Edit: but with a weight increase of 50g per pair
I saw the 11's on offer on Ebay at an amazing price so decided just to go for it. I wasn't aware of the rider weight limit to be honest. They are here now so I will give them a go. The sizing looks perfect for me, they are slightly larger than the One Up pedals on my regular hardtail.
I can't see the weight limit being a massive issue, unless I am fully kitted with a 3 litre hydration pack. I guess we will see. Any idea why they have a limit in the first place?

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Crank brothers stamp 2 large.
Grub screws for pins. Normal grip soles are good with these but they are WAY too grippy for something like stealth rubber on 5-10s you just can’t shuffle your feet over into the right place, so you fit your foot off slightly and the pins stick to the sole.

But, they are big enough for my 12.5s. Just watch the deals if stuff gets wrapped round the spindle as it will tears the seal out, water gets in and they seize. But fully re buildable. Or secs them back to Amazon

Ps don’t get black if you ride at night they become invisible 🫥

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Any recommendations for flat pedals for those of us with larger feet? I'm a UK size 12 - 13 (depending on the brand) and ride flat pedals. I find I am constantly having to adjust foot position to avoid coming offthe edge of the pedal.

My normal bike is fitted with One Up Alu pedals and they are great but I can't fit these to the e-Thriteen carbon cranks on my Rail due to the crank boots. I'm aware One Up make their pedals in composite but I would like to stick with Aluminium pedals if possible (they look better!). There are a bewildering variety on the the market so I'm wondering what you guys think are the best options. Pedal width is a bit more important for me, although the length is obviously a factor too.
My right foot always off the edge of the pedal and I don’t have big feet size 8. I put it down to being a more comfortable position as I don't do it on purpose. Just notice it occasionally and move it in then it goes out again haha

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
My right foot always off the edge of the pedal and I don’t have big feet size 8. I put it down to being a more comfortable position as I don't do it on purpose. Just notice it occasionally and move it in then it goes out again haha
Always have both feet little toe off the end. Other toes off the front. 5/10 too stiff for me can’t really feel the pedal edges. Constantly looking where my feet actually are. Back to the old bouts I think £140 bad purchase for me.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Always have both feet little toe off the end. Other toes off the front. 5/10 too stiff for me can’t really feel the pedal edges. Constantly looking where my feet actually are. Back to the old bouts I think £140 bad purchase for me.
Too technical for me that . I'm never in a hurry now . I wish I still smoked that would be another reason to stop and gape around me . Enjoy

surflj

Feb 10, 2022
SoCal
There are a number of Youtubes posted on flat pedals. Here is one one the big ones . . .
Pedaling Innovations were a game changer. They transfer power to the cranks way more efficiently, besides keeping my size 15 shoes firmly planted! Have them on all my bikes to date, can't say enough about them. Great quality.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles