Fixed a creak and now my front chain ring rubs the guard

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
On my Trance e+1 I pulled the motor out to lube up the thread inserts to stop the annoying creak. I had a hell of a time getting the motor back in with the wiring and to me it seems like the bottom cover doesn't fit right and now the chain ring rubs the front chain guard in low gear unless I put the guard/guide in the highest position. Anyone else have this problem? Seems like I need to pull the motor again but really don't want to since it was such a pain to put back together. Anyone have any pics of proper wiring harness routing or tricks for installing the motor?

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
Something else to note. I just noticed the freehand in the motor isn't working correctly. Previously when spinning the rear wheel backwards it wouldn't spin the cranks and now the spin. It also feels like there is extra resistance in the motor.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I've put things back together the wrong way quite often. It's a shit to have to go back through it again - but at least you're familiar with it now. Take your time. I hope someone here can give you the info you need.

Tmeyer37

Jun 22, 2020
Fremont, CA
I've put things back together the wrong way quite often. It's a shit to have to go back through it again - but at least you're familiar with it now. Take your time. I hope someone here can give you the info you need.
I also posted on the Giant e bike owners group on Facebook and someone gave me pictures of their bike so that will help. I am also going to do it with the bike upside down this time rather than on the stand and let gravity work in my favor.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I also posted on the Giant e bike owners group on Facebook and someone gave me pictures of their bike so that will help. I am also going to do it with the bike upside down this time rather than on the stand and let gravity work in my favor.
Awesome - that's the only bike stand I have; a big piece of cardboard on the ground :LOL:. Good luck.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles