Fazua Ride 60 Test

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Now the Garmin records emtb, have they adapted it further and it's showing you power not total power ? What does it show if you make it private and change it to "ride" ?
Psst do a calculation on simply raising Rob and his bike 1312 metres and it’s around 450Wh’s of energy required
then divide by 3 and bit hours and voila you have Stravas figures near enough.

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Knackered after my 12w of average rider power yesterday 😂

D7D793C9-058C-42D9-8B24-A3A4AF41EF16.jpeg

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
I am wondering. What is going on ?
We have wonderfull silent motors like the TQ and the Fazua.
We have exceptionnal gear boxes like the rohloff.
We have undestructible carbon transmission belt.
How is it that we do not see anything on the market joining these wonderfull technologies ?

Sluzi

Oct 3, 2022
Vienna
Doesn't sound like a massive upgrade to the Evation system. The ride 50 and 60 are basically the same except the motor and bb are integrated in the 60 and separate in the 50. The 50 upgrades from the Evation are the engagement amounts and some improved thermals, which allow 350W rather than 300W in the Evation system (which would throttle). It's an evolution, not a revolution. My Evation bikes are 55nM. Neither is close to my Forestal in power (60nM) but they're lower in noise level.

The ratchet you notice backpedaling is Fazua's version of disengaging the motor like Shimano and Bosch. I almost never back pedal so it's not an issue. I'd rather have that than the noise from my EP8. It's only there if you go looking for it, or over tighten the cranks.

My bikes have both BLE and Ant+ and connect to my Garmin. I can't see that the newer systems wouldn't. I do remember that it wasn't as easy to set up as my Levo, but it's there.

I'm upgrading my eZesty to a ride 50 but I'll still be able to use the Evation motor, so I can compare them directly.

Gordon
You already did the switch to ride 50? Great difference to the evation? In power or range? Did 4000k on my evation on an ezesty, is it worth upgrading? Greetings Michael

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles