Fahrrad.de gone bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
For those of you on the continent, I've come across the news that the online retailer Fahrrad.de is now insolvent: Jetzt ist es offiziell: Internetstores GmbH mit Fahrrad.de insolvent - MTB-News.de.

Suffering from too much stock and too little demand.

I've ordered from them a number of times. I guess anyone in the UK who may have liked them haven't used them for a couple of years, so won't be much affected.

Wonder who may be next?

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Oh that's a shame. I liked shopping there because they offered 10% off everything for Komoot premium users (which I happen to be).

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
I heard the whole group is gone. CRC, Wiggle etc. Friends in the trade say on bills are no longer being paid and any deliveries to the warehouses are being refused. Rubbish situation.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I heard the whole group is gone. CRC, Wiggle etc. Friends in the trade say on bills are no longer being paid and any deliveries to the warehouses are being refused. Rubbish situation.
Could be. Fahrrad.de is part of InternetStores. You can see their brands here: Internetstores | Brand Portfolio of the Internetstores Group

According to Wikipedia (Internetstores – Wikipedia in German), an investor, Signa Sports United, stopped providing finances.

Signa Sports United brands are here: Signa Sports United Sadly includes wiggle and Chain Reaction Cycles as you mentioned. Report about their insolvency here (English): Signa Sports United's Internetstores GmbH Declares Insolvency - Pinkbike

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles