Ezesty issues

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I’ve got a nearly new ezesty that’s now done 133 miles. Doesn’t turn on now just flashes 4 green lights 5 times and shuts off. When I take drive pack out and plug into PC there’s a fizzing noise and USB lead gets warm, obvs doesn’t connect to PC.
contacted dealer and waiting to hear back but anyone else had this problem or any idea what it could be ?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Bugger.....

I have two Fazua bikes. One is an eZesty. Never had an issue where it wouldn't connect to the drive pack on the PC but I did need a replacement bottom bracket unit on my eZesty. Local Fazua importer had the part to me in 10 days, or so. Hopefully you can also get a good level of support.

Gordon

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Level of support so far pretty poor, winstanleys not answering phone and only email every other day. Tried fazua help and they are much the same. Tried fazua on social media and nothing back yet. Pretty poor from all concerned tbh

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Winstanleys are normally good in my experience, but their phone lines are currently not manned and it does take them a couple of days to respond to emails.

My advice if possible would be to return the bike to the store, and ask them to call you when it's repaired.

lf its brand new, you could reject it, particularly if you paid by credit card.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Winstanleys are normally good in my experience, but their phone lines are currently not manned and it does take them a couple of days to respond to emails.

My advice if possible would be to return the bike to the store, and ask them to call you when it's repaired.

lf its brand new, you could reject it, particularly if you paid by credit card.

Its 2 months and 134 miles old, not sure if rejecting it is still an option ?

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Are you able to take it back to the store? If you are getting nowhere online my next step would be to return the bike to the store and ask the them to either repair it or give me my money back.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Are you able to take it back to the store? If you are getting nowhere online my next step would be to return the bike to the store and ask the them to either repair it or give me my money back.

Store is 80 miles away as it was the only one I could find in stock....I always had a rule to buy locally for this reason but recent times haven't made that possible. I probably will take a drive to them this weekend

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l am the same, l bought my bike from them and it was 110 mile round trip, but they had stock.
l needed a part which was damaged in delivery, it took a few weeks but it arrived in the end.
lt wasn't their fault it was the usual parts supply issues from Shimano.

TriciaPug

Sep 17, 2020
Reno
Bugger.....

I have two Fazua bikes. One is an eZesty. Never had an issue where it wouldn't connect to the drive pack on the PC but I did need a replacement bottom bracket unit on my eZesty. Local Fazua importer had the part to me in 10 days, or so. Hopefully you can also get a good level of support.

Gordon
I posted this in the e-Caliber thread but its worth repeating here.

Update:
Fazua is offering the chance to revert to previous firmware, 2.04, for those having issues with the 2.11 firmware update.
I may try this and see if it helps.

If anyone here wants to give it a go, here is the link.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Bit of an update. Fazua support said I could take to local Halfords for diagnostic. Not much point as it won’t connect or turn on. Local Halfords said they have a policy of not working on ebikes they didn’t sell. This isn’t how fazua see it. They then have me the UK distributor which is Raleigh. I mailed them and the reply is they’ll take up to 5 days to respond.
TBH it’s piss poor service and I won’t be buying anything with a fazua motor again. I also won’t break my rule about buying local again although I thought with the fazua system I had a bit of support with a local fazua dealer even if I had to pay for Labour.
I’ll see what the importer says in 4 days !

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Bit of an update. Fazua support said I could take to local Halfords for diagnostic. Not much point as it won’t connect or turn on. Local Halfords said they have a policy of not working on ebikes they didn’t sell. This isn’t how fazua see it. They then have me the UK distributor which is Raleigh. I mailed them and the reply is they’ll take up to 5 days to respond.
TBH it’s piss poor service and I won’t be buying anything with a fazua motor again. I also won’t break my rule about buying local again although I thought with the fazua system I had a bit of support with a local fazua dealer even if I had to pay for Labour.
I’ll see what the importer says in 4 days !

Jayzuss! That sucks! I get why you're pissed! I've had the opposite here. And yes, it makes a difference. My eGravel is from Cairn (ie: Hunt Wheels) and they had some of the best communication of any company I've ever dealt with. My local importer responds on my eZesty the same day and the local Fazua parts importer is usually next day.

I really wish you luck on this one. It's a great bike (when it works).

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles