Experience question

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Didn't know how to title this so it'll have to do ?

I was without a bike for maaaaaany years.
Then bought a Carbon Comp Levo and omg have things changed.
Anyway. I'm changing what, where and with whom I ride and am quite fancying a Kenevo.

That being said (here's the "experience" bit ?), as "trade-in" seems unusual, how do you guys best go about selling bikes?
Understand I can post on FB groups but is there a "go to" place or anything?

Thanks,

Nick

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Pinkbike is apparently a good place, haven't tried it myself though.

I need to stop dithering and sell my Nukeproof while it's still got some value.

Theolegit

Patreon
Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Halstead
Sold mine via eBay expensive cost though and you don’t get a great price ( my opinion)

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Cheers guys.
Pinkbike is one didn't know of.

Not sure. Love my Carbon Comp and I've got it sorted where runs really well now (ODI grips, crank brothers stamp pedals, 152mm crank arms, Hope 36t chainring, Maxxis rubber, 160mm shock upgrade), just got a slight Kenevo itch.
But, with mix of trail along with bike park and DH maybe am riding best choice already ?

Good to know where to try if need arises though ?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Cheers guys.
Pinkbike is one didn't know of.

Not sure. Love my Carbon Comp and I've got it sorted where runs really well now (ODI grips, crank brothers stamp pedals, 152mm crank arms, Hope 36t chainring, Maxxis rubber, 160mm shock upgrade), just got a slight Kenevo itch.
But, with mix of trail along with bike park and DH maybe am riding best choice already ?

Good to know where to try if need arises though ?

Post a few photos, so we can see what you actually have and maybe we can suggest a few things that may still cost you some money but may stop the £5500 worth of itching.

Another option is.....if the itch is unfixable..... Post your Carbon Comp on here. I believe it will sell fairly quickly if you put it on at a fair price.

I think you may have picked up the ‘serial upgrader bug’.... I know there is no cure for this condition as I have had it for a number of years ;)

Last edited:

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Post a few photos, so we can see what you actually have and maybe we can suggest a few things that may still cost you some money but may stop the £5500 worth of itching.

Another option is.....if the itch is unfixable..... Post your Carbon Comp on here. I believe it will sell fairly quickly if you put it on at a fair price.

I think you may have picked up the ‘serial upgrader bug’.... I know there is no cure for this condition as I have had it for a number of years ;)

After too many years to mention of no bike ownership, maybe just that.
I've just upgraded the rear shock so will see how much of the scratch that itches ?
I think, from amount of riding I've been doing (all of a sudden again, ref long bike break) and the experience of whom I've been riding with has given me performance desires (but has to be remembered my "actual" skill level to that in my head ?).
But with the modifications I've made I think perhaps the bike far outperforms my skills anyway, and I feel much more confident pushing it too (shorter crank arms, new rubber, modified forks and now new shock) should see to that.

However, again being very lapse in my bike ownership, it's good to know the options when time to move on ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles