EXC 750 - Thoughts?

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
Any EXC 750 owners on here can give me their thoughts on it? Looking to replace my Reaction Hybrid Performance for one, spec wise it looks spot on, better drivetrain, forks, motor, battery etc. TIA.

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
I've got that one in green. It's my first eMTB so nothing else to compare it to. I'm getting around 70 miles when mostly in tour+.

Happy to answer any questions

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
I've got that one in green. It's my first eMTB so nothing else to compare it to. I'm getting around 70 miles when mostly in tour+.

Happy to answer any questions
I've got a Stereo Hybrid in the same grey colour as the EXC, so was looking to match them up, but I've seen a green one in stock and I quite like the gloss shine on it and it's definitely a favourite at the moment. I'm wondering how the new kiox and 750w battery compare to their predecessors. I have a 500w reaction hybrid at the moment for commuting and can get about 60 miles until I get one bar left- mainly emtb mode and turbo mode to tackle a one mile hill I have to face on my way home. Debating whether to buy one now or wait a while to get buyers feedback on them 🤔

Last edited:

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
yeah so I've never actually done 70 miles in one go. I think the most is 45 which took me down to 35% which is where I'm getting the figure from. The best I've had is 40 miles taking me to 51%. As I say that would be mostly Tour+. Perhaps 60% tour+, 35% eMTB and 5% eco/turbo combined as its fairly rare I use them. I have heard that the charge drops more at the beginning than the end so it may do better than I'm calculating.

I'm about 13.5 stone for reference. You sound like you get a lot of miles on a 500w battery so may well do better.

I really like the green. I've made a couple of changes and put on some orange DMR grips and pedals. Also fitted a dropper although that's mainly for comfort getting on and off than anything too serious off road :D

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
yeah so I've never actually done 70 miles in one go. I think the most is 45 which took me down to 35% which is where I'm getting the figure from. The best I've had is 40 miles taking me to 51%. As I say that would be mostly Tour+. Perhaps 60% tour+, 35% eMTB and 5% eco/turbo combined as its fairly rare I use them. I have heard that the charge drops more at the beginning than the end so it may do better than I'm calculating.

I'm about 13.5 stone for reference. You sound like you get a lot of miles on a 500w battery so may well do better.

I really like the green. I've made a couple of changes and put on some orange DMR grips and pedals. Also fitted a dropper although that's mainly for comfort getting on and off than anything too serious off road :D
I added orange dmr pedals and grips to my stereo, makes it stand out a bit more.
I'm also around 13.5 - 14 stone, but I've never run the battery down far enough to see what mileage I get ( too worried with that 1m hill I have to finish my commute home) I'm guestimating 70-75 miles on a full charge on the 500w battery.

Screenshot_20220413-220907_Photos.jpg

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
Did a 45m ride today with exactly 50% battery remaining when I got back which is the best yet. I did the firmware update a couple of days ago so maybe they have tweaked it.

JockG

Jun 14, 2022
Cardiff
I'm a road bike user, but bought a Reaction Hybrid Exc 750 mostly for use to Bike/Hike in Scotland. I've fitted it with a rear rack and mudguards. I use two Ortlieb Panniers and BTR Drybag on the rear. I sling a tent and water in a dry bag on the front handlebars (not great as it rubs against the headstock so I need a better solution). I am 13st 5lbs, but with all the gear you can imagine the bike is a lot heavier - sleeping bag, food, wood/coal and wine. We went up a 15 mile track and I used 40% going up, see the profile from Komoot mixture of Eco & Tour+. The bike is excellent, I'd bought a Trek Gravel bike for this sort of use and it was miserable. I was knackered before I got to the hills. Only downside with a new '22 model I'm finding is its too new, e.g. Bosch changed the light ports so no lights available, press the on off button whilst its shutting down and you create a battery error that only the dealer can clear, so easy to do, hopefully they will fix this.
2022-06-15 00.04.11 www.komoot.com 6d50af70df57.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles