slow cube 140 tm 750

lee crossley

Feb 17, 2023
manchester
hi Guys
I have enjoyed my 2022 tm 750 140 hybrid a lot
i go out with 8/9 riders twice a week different makes and styles of emtb
different size people , but along side same size / weight people my bike rolls down hill slower and on flat roads / level tracks it seems to
be 1 - 2 mph slower is there anything i can do to bike ??

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Have 22-25psi Maxxgrip DD Assegai on the front which is seriously slow on smooth surfaces, balanced by the fact that its huge grip means I can attack silly rough stuff with confidence. CBA to adjust pressures mid way through rides, just turn up the assistance on smooth stuff.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
40 psi . Is good for roads and light trails if u want to roll quicker . . Then try 35 if too rough. When I was commuting i would go to 40 if I wanted to go faster . Nowadays I'm happy between 25 and 35 cos I mainly just ride trails and urban ATM. If Doing gravity stuff I'll aim for lower pressures.

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
My 29s wear tubeless Schwalbe Eddy Current up front and Hans Dampf at the back, both 2.6” wide.

I run mine at 23psi, and they are definitely a bit noisy and squishy on tarmac, however the are perfect for my local trails which are gravelly at best, and gnarly rock and stone at worst.

I think you will find your Cube is rolling perfectly well for what it’s wearing.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
100% tires...
My friend has the same, and my bike was the same before (140 Action team vs 160 HPC)
i had Magic Mary/Big Betty and changed them to Nobby Nic's 2.35's tubeless
friend has Maxxis Assegai and Minion's in 2.4

when we stop pedalling at the same time, the difference is massive. he also needs to put in much more effort to stay with me due to higher rolling resistance.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
100% tires...
My friend has the same, and my bike was the same before (140 Action team vs 160 HPC)
i had Magic Mary/Big Betty and changed them to Nobby Nic's 2.35's tubeless
friend has Maxxis Assegai and Minion's in 2.4

when we stop pedalling at the same time, the difference is massive. he also needs to put in much more effort to stay with me due to higher rolling resistance.

I removed the Assguy and put tyres with lower rolling resistance. (Pirelli S this time)
The difference is huge !

Gaining 10kg weight will make you go faster down the road too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles