• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Escooters vs Emtb so unfair

scrufy

Jan 29, 2024
So Cal
So I stopped by my nephew's house today to see his new scooter.
Took it for a spin and noticed it was fast. Like, really fast.
He told me he had his gps on it and was going 35 mph and not even top speed.

How can they limit us to half that? Just thinking about what is more stable, scooter vs emtb.

Just have to wonder how they come up with some of these regulations.
Not really a rant, Just a whine I guess.. lol

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
We're talking about mountain bikes here, and I seriously doubt your nephew's scooter is a mountain bike. Do you REALLY think that a 35 mph scooter is suitable on a single track trail? Do you think that a 35 mph scooter is suitable for a walking path? Do you think that a 35 mph scooter is suitable on the road with cars and trucks?

Frankly, I don't see these children's toys as being suitable for much of anything. They're a nuisance.

AshMilo

Apr 17, 2022
Ashland, OR USA
Apples and oranges…Is it a scooter (moped, e-moto) or a class one bicycle?
The real issue is on the trail when these two very different ‘classes’ can look identical - class 1 Emtb and suron with pedals. Average trail user sees 2 bicycles with motors…

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
When I use the full potential of a 35 mph bike. Then I'm riding the wrong trails ;-)

Personally I do not experience any issues of the speed limitations of (25 kph / 15.53 mph)

scrufy

Jan 29, 2024
So Cal
I was more thinking it woukd be nice to just have one bike to commute on too and 20 mph here for 20 miles with cars isn't fun.
I think I probably get avg about 5-7 mph on the trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles