Error Code E010 replacing E8000 with EP8.

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Hi Folks!

Just out of warranty 2020 model, diagnosis show that i need to replace my motor. If i need to pay for it myselfe i would like to explore putting in a EP8 instead of replacing the old E8000.

Does anybody KNOW exactly what other parts i need to replace other than Motor, Crank arms?

I hear that connectors are different, then i would like to know which connectors/cables are different. Would love to hear if anybody have personal experience in a swap like this.

Cheers 🥂

Last edited:

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
Did you made it?
Hi, got NO clear pointers from anyone and Shimano will not sell a EP8 motor to my decoy 2020 they say that YT have not certified my frame for EP8 so this has to go thru YT. If I got a clear message from anyone that e.g you will have to change the display and cable from motor to battery I might would have try to find a EP8 on like Craig’s list or Amazon and try to source cable and display from Shimano. But I did not know which other components/cables I needed to replace so I went with an E8000 from Shimano, I then get warranty on the motor in Norway.

Highway

Mar 3, 2019
Oslo
Hi, got NO clear pointers from anyone and Shimano will not sell a EP8 motor to my decoy 2020 they say that YT have not certified my frame for EP8 so this has to go thru YT. If I got a clear message from anyone that e.g you will have to change the display and cable from motor to battery I might would have try to find a EP8 on like Craig’s list or Amazon and try to source cable and display from Shimano. But I did not know which other components/cables I needed to replace so I went with an E8000 from Shimano, I then get warranty on the motor in Norway.
I see that you are from Norway, if you are member of eMTB Norge on FB

have a look at this video and read the comments you might get an idea on what you need to change to use an EP8

EP8 change

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
So it would fit if we file the frame down a few millimeters.
I wouldn’t take a chance on filing carbon fiber down “a few millimeters”. If you get down to the structural ply’s it would significantly weaken the construction and you could easily see delamination and other structural damages after a few hours of hard use, then your frame could be beyond repair….

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles