Error 36??

Hulligan

Oct 29, 2023
Yorkshire
Went to ride my bike today and when I turned it on I get an Error 36. Now it won't turn off without pulling the battery and it constantly shows 36 in red on the screen.

Has anyone had this before and if so anyone know a fix?

E-Mythique VR Bafang M510

rotary

Jun 26, 2023
derbyshire
I'd first of all make sure all the plugs are pushed home into the keypad . Then maybe try and download the Bagfang Go app and search for updates.

ERROR description below.

36 = Detection circuit on the keypad has an error

1. Using the BESST tool update the controller to see if this resolves
the problem. If not, please change the controller or contact your
supplier.

Hulligan

Oct 29, 2023
Yorkshire
Yeah I've seen the description of the fault I've removed both connectors, made sure they're fine, no bent or missing pins etc, cleaned them with contact cleaner but the issue remains, not sure what to try next.

All items in the update section of bafang go show as no updates available 🫤

Not sure I really want to go down the warranty route with chain reaction due to their obvious issues at the minute.

Hulligan

Oct 29, 2023
Yorkshire
Just to add not sure if it helps or not, but the bike powers on (screen turns on) immediately after putting the battery in, no switch attached and can only be turned off by pulling the battery!

rotary

Jun 26, 2023
derbyshire
I’d still try CRC warranty in that case. I read that they’re still honouring any claims. My experience with them has been quite good in the past.

Try and get them to send out a replacement keypad.

rotary

Jun 26, 2023
derbyshire
Other than that take the non-drive side plastic cover off the motor (3off T20 torx from memory) and check connections to the motor.

If you want to go further drop the motor out and there is one other connection between 2 of the harnesses (forget which) which may also be loose

Hulligan

Oct 29, 2023
Yorkshire
Well heres an update for those with error 36.

I sent mine back to crc who have inspected it. They have determined that it cannot be repaired or replaced and as such they've offered me a "full refund".

Sounds great, however...

They're currently selling the same e-mythique on their website at £2999 in stock the same size as mine available. I'm unsure as to why they can't replace it with an in stock item other than the fact I paid £2300 for mine when they were 1k off and are hoping I get a refund and top up to the current price.

Overall I'm not exactly sure what the best course of action is but I know it won't be paying £400 more for the same bike again out of principle more than anything.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles