• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Ep801 & stunlocker

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
Connection with ep801 tested on new orbea rise 2023 yesterday system is connected and display data on the app unstlocker.
App not update to the new feature E-TUBE 15 level of assistance and it is still on 10 ( screenshot highlight it). Still not tested the possibilità to move from Rs to full power motor.

4AAC5839-D17B-4367-AE85-3E8C28A45F35.png

Last edited:

Frankyspec

Dec 3, 2022
Belgium
Congrats with the new bike, how is it doing, the XT DI2?Did you get the 360W or 540W?
Maybe a new topic, to share your first impressions , range, and pictures?
I’m still waiting on a delivery date…😔

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
Congrats with the new bike, how is it doing, the XT DI2?Did you get the 360W or 540W?
Maybe a new topic, to share your first impressions , range, and pictures?
I’m still waiting on a delivery date…😔
Delivery first week of April…we tested a m10…m-team still not delivered

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
has anyone tested new shimano EP801 with stunlocker? i mean for tuning power and torque, i do not mind derestriction
i will try next week...if delivery will be confirmed

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Since the speed limit is still not possible to change via software (I only need to change to US-region), I have worked with the developer of Planet3 to get a working device on the Orbea Rise 2023 H20 with the 801 motor.
The unit changes the speed with factor 1.5 (normally factor 3) and it's actually working.....first run was yesterday and it worked flawlessly.

The only downside is my Garmin logger (Edge 1040) is recording the distance and speed with factor 1.5 lower than the actual speed/distance.....but the run-time is the unit I care about.

I used approx 2-3% more battery, but that was not a problem.
The flow is so much more fun to ride....I'm happy.

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
i have used the app Stunlocker with new ep801 rs … everthing works fine with exception of the power limitation… i can not change it

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
which area of STunlocker are you unable to change with ep801rs?
View attachment 120783
For ep801 when i try to change the power limit moving from rs to full power this does not change and go back to the oroginale configuration rs

I am not using any additional licenze Just the app.
Do i need the PCE02 modulo and labtop Windows connection?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I use windows version of STunlocker with a license. I connect to the bike at the EW-E100 junction using the PCE02 module. This method avoids all of the firmware issues when using only BT. I am able to customize the "Power and Torque" settings in the screen shot in my previous post, I don't think this is possible using only a BT connection. My question for anyone that might know is will this work on the EP801rs as well on 2023 model Rise? Works perfectly on my 2021 EP8.

I connect as shown below to bike, this is an extra EW-100 I have just for an example

1690020775605.png

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
I use windows version of STunlocker with a license. I connect to the bike at the EW-E100 junction using the PCE02 module. This method avoids all of the firmware issues when using only BT. I am able to customize the "Power and Torque" settings in the screen shot in my previous post, I don't think this is possible using only a BT connection. My question for anyone that might know is will this work on the EP801rs as well on 2023 model Rise? Works perfectly on my 2021 EP8.

I connect as shown below to bike, this is an extra EW-100 I have just for an example

View attachment 120819
As far as i know does not work for ep801 … i will test it ne t week anyway… instead minimax With pce02 should work

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles