• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Ep8 downgrading the firmware

Mads

Dec 18, 2023
Denmark
I’ve been trying…. but I can’t make it work.
I’ve got E-TUBE project cyclist 5.0.0. on an android phone.
When trying to connect to the bike, it says that it doesn’t recognize DU-EP800, and that I need to change the unit….?
And thus ends the adventure of trying to change the region to US…..even before I’ve actually managed to do anything.
I must be daft, but apparently I don’t get it….
Anyone got some advice? Or preferably an entire “how to” written for dummies….

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
I'm not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that recent UK/ Europe specific Shimano and Bosch motors are chip and software 🔒 and can't be changed to USA spec speed limits..... and if you do manage to do it via software or a tuning box its recorded and voids all warranty claims....it's really not worth it, especially if you live in France (50,000 euro fine), and you still can't climb steep uphill any faster.

kevins1966

Oct 2, 2023
Scotland
I’ve been trying…. but I can’t make it work.
I’ve got E-TUBE project cyclist 5.0.0. on an android phone.
When trying to connect to the bike, it says that it doesn’t recognize DU-EP800, and that I need to change the unit….?
And thus ends the adventure of trying to change the region to US…..even before I’ve actually managed to do anything.
I must be daft, but apparently I don’t get it….
Anyone got some advice? Or preferably an entire “how to” written for dummies….
Hi tried chips etc but best thing by miles is the part you fit to rear disc.lets assist increase to approx 23mph and no cables or software required.attachment provided shows the site.

Screenshot_20231230_140246_DuckDuckGo.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles