EnergyPak 625 Health

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
I have a 2022 Reign with the 625Ah Battery Since new the Battery Health has been gradually falling it's now at 93% after 76 charge cycles.

I Only Charge to 60% after a ride fully charging before next ride I ride a couple of times a week and Discharge Fully every month or 2 as recommended but the battery does seem to be loosing health fairly consistently and much faster than i was led to believe it should.

What sort of Health number is everyone else getting ?

IMG_7910.jpg

Derek Kim

Feb 13, 2024
South Korea
Hi,
As far as I know, the battery type is Li-Ion and fully discharging is not good.
Manufacturer recommends to keep 60% charged if you do not ride for a while or the battery level is dropped below 60% according to the user guide.
Anyway, my opinion is you don't need to fully discharge and just keep half level.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I don't worry to much about it. The health is a "best-guess-effort" of the App reading the Data from the BMA.
If you want full details, ask your dealer for a service report. It includes the full details like remaining WH etc.
Only if the battery is not needed for more than six weeks, I charge up to only 60%.
Reign_e+_2022_3.jpg
Trance_X_Adv_e+_2022_3.jpg

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
This is mine and it was put on the computer last week as I am trying to get a new one under warranty.
2.5 years old and 4k miles on the clock.
And I can kill it fast.

Battery voltage

41.3 V

Battery charge level

100%

Number of full charge cycles

min. battery temperature over lifetime

-3.68 °C

max. battery temperature over lifetime

34.47 °C

Electrical charge delivered over lifetime

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
This is mine and it was put on the computer last week as I am trying to get a new one under warranty.
2.5 years old and 4k miles on the clock.
And I can kill it fast.

Battery voltage

41.3 V

Battery charge level

100%

Number of full charge cycles

min. battery temperature over lifetime

-3.68 °C

max. battery temperature over lifetime

34.47 °C

Electrical charge delivered over lifetime
Edit.it should say 1401ah for lifetime charge

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Hi,
As far as I know, the battery type is Li-Ion and fully discharging is not good.
Manufacturer recommends to keep 60% charged if you do not ride for a while or the battery level is dropped below 60% according to the user guide.
Anyway, my opinion is you don't need to fully discharge and just keep half level.
I always charge to 60% using button charger after my ride and charge to 100% before my next ride as per my post ;)

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Edit.it should say 1401ah for lifetime charge

Do you have the app yo check its should give a % ? I was thinking Just leave it and IF it goes below 80% in the life of the bike i just try and complain they claim you can do 1000 charges and the health will be above 80%

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
I don't worry to much about it. The health is a "best-guess-effort" of the App reading the Data from the BMA.
If you want full details, ask your dealer for a service report. It includes the full details like remaining WH etc.
Only if the battery is not needed for more than six weeks, I charge up to only 60%.
View attachment 134440 View attachment 134441
Yours are what i would expect, i don't expect it to say 100% forever line an iPhone does LOL, I would expect it drops a little from new then stabilizes, mine seems to be quite constantly losing 1% for every 10/11 charges at that rate its going to hit 80% well before 1000 charges which is what giant say the basstre is supposed to do. Im thinking of getting an 800aH battery for the bike this year so that will help if i spread use between 2 batteries.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles