Emtb Video Stars

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Emtb video stars.
I can only think of one network off the top of my head and that’s EMBN, and this Channel, in the UK. They’re covering all the angles and including lots of content.
There are also some great MTB video networks from all over the world and the one’s that are relevant to me and my area, I subscribe too.
I’ve seen the switch to Emtb in the past few years (especially lately) but not from the hard core enthusiasts. I wonder if they’re out there or are they about to take the leap.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Rob is definitely an EMTB video star and his unbiased content is always very good.

Pinkbike puts a lot of BC based articles and video content as well as the odd titbit of Emtb content but for relevant content in your own area I'd just stick with normal mtb channels. There's very little difference really.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Seems to me most content for the usual suspects now has emtb's in it pretty regularly.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Sam Pilgrim I suppose. His channel is whacky to say the least but he's got all the moves & since hooking up with Haibike, has put a big spotlight on what an Emtb can do.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I like Sam Pilgrims stuff, I don't religiously watch his vids, but he reminds me of dicking about on bikes as a kid, and the joy of just getting on your bike and finding something to have fun on - In a world where a lot of vids are serious bizzniss he rinds me that at the end of the day its about riding whatever and having a laugh.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Interesting times .
With less racing . And coverage of racing limited to highlights . You Tubers can / will be just as , if not more important for marketing than sponsored pro racers who don`t make videos .

Racers may be less influential than product reviewers ??

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
emtb videos - awesome unbiased and knowledgeable reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpSsSCSkBfJcGXdn631neUg
Trail talk - as above: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0VrmGL6ZnJ8NCfFqFQykiQ
Van Girl Yuka - has fears, weaknesses, funny, and a really weird "ok then" attitude mixed with unstoppable can't help herself have to do it thing :ROFLMAO: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdNY35R25jDh_hoCPB2hQvg
I met Yuka a few months ago.
Off topic; The accents are strong …tooks me months to figure out what they were saying. ?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Interesting times .
With less racing . And coverage of racing limited to highlights . You Tubers can / will be just as , if not more important for marketing than sponsored pro racers who don`t make videos .

Racers may be less influential than product reviewers ??
I think savvy manufacturers know that most folk look to youtube for reviews of mtb and emtb and everything to do with them. Knowing that, I imagine it's where most of the manufacturers advertising dollars are going now. This also means some youtubers are just glorified advertisers.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I think she's awesome. I deleted the post because I realised it was supposed to be emtb.
Off topic again; Too late, I saw it. ?
Yuka and her husband visit our hill occasionally. I like her vids …kinda funny too. My neighbor went to school with her. Knows both quite well.

93601480-BBB7-4342-B6A0-BF6BB3BDF582.jpeg

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Got fed up with embn. The latest video I watched was how to set your seat hight. Got fed up waiting for them to tell you the method. Skipped through and it looks like it was never there.
I do like Boots on the ground. Seems like a top bloke, just sorry he's having issues with his Haibike.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
They're all good I think. Such a shame there were no GoPro's in our day. Most of my footage would've been from inside of casualty! First name terms with most of the nurses. Great gravel rash episode I recall. We were literally testing the grip limits of tyres on the road, lost the front. Not pretty. Head butted the corner of the house one day. Fully committed to the turn into the drive, dad was reversing the car out. The only line was over the low wall into the corner of the house. Like and subscribe - eh? what?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
They're all good I think. Such a shame there were no GoPro's in our day. Most of my footage would've been from inside of casualty! First name terms with most of the nurses. Great gravel rash episode I recall. We were literally testing the grip limits of tyres on the road, lost the front. Not pretty. Head butted the corner of the house one day. Fully committed to the turn into the drive, dad was reversing the car out. The only line was over the low wall into the corner of the house. Like and subscribe - eh? what?
**Video added to favourites**

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Thats also the issue with the EMBN channel in my opinion. Never seems to be unbiased content.
At least now it is obvious - they display that message overlay during the start of the videos "includes paid promotion". They (esp Steve) seem to be a lot less specialized biassed now too. I suspect this is due to feedback in the comments of quite a few videos from 4 - 6 months ago. I have only recently started watching them again. Although at that time I think they were solely promoting specialized bikes, now they are advertising for any manufacturers. Specialized must have paid them back then for exclusivity.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I find EMBN content a bit thin at the best of times but in all fairness, they literally list their sponsor bosses under every video. Watch anything from EMBN & it's nailed on they'll be banging on about Spesh, Ergon, Garmin, Maxxis, Park Tools. It should hardly come as a surprise.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I don’t think it matters really. Most of us here are more than capable of researching and deciding what to buy on our own. It’s just nice to switch off at the end of a day and watch some eeb stuff.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Got fed up with embn. The latest video I watched was how to set your seat hight. Got fed up waiting for them to tell you the method. Skipped through and it looks like it was never there.
I do like Boots on the ground. Seems like a top bloke, just sorry he's having issues with his Haibike.

EMBN has reached the point where its content overlaps so much, it should just be a segment of GMBN.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles