emtb in socal trails

jvitangcol

Apr 9, 2020
Rancho cucamonga
anybody know any other trails where I can ride my EMTB, so far ive done bonelli, marshall canyon, chino hills state park, and fullerton loop. I want to try Santiago Oaks but I dont want to get fined

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
anybody know any other trails where I can ride my EMTB, so far ive done bonelli, marshall canyon, chino hills state park, and fullerton loop. I want to try Santiago Oaks but I dont want to get fined
I rode there few times, saw few ebikes as well. however, a friend of mine got a warning ticket there few months ago. but generally, it is safe to ride your ebike there, just avoid being too close to Irvine regional park.
Also rode Aliso, passing some ranges, they did not say anything about my ebike... :)
you should join facebook group called socalemtb, many information there.

flippn

Feb 20, 2020
USA
Where you're coming from, the Luge is not too much further than Santiago Oaks. As far as I know, ebikes are allowed at the Luge.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

The Rangers will tell you that there are no eBikes, but they don't generally enforce it. The trails at The Oaks are certainly of higher quality than what you've been riding, some are quite challenging. In other words, use your head.

Maybe a good option for you is The Luge. They graded some of the single track during the fires last year, but the best parts of the trail are still intact. It's a good introductory ride into the Santa Anas. There are a couple good Youtube videos on The Luge. Another manageable option for you in the Santa Anas is Blackstar to Beeks Place. Lastly, and this is right in your backyard, is Monroe Truck Trail. I just got back from there an hour ago. Does anyone do Ride Reports here? I'll put up a couple pictures in another thread, later this evening.

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Waterworks (LaDera Ranch), Vail Lake (Temecula), Greer Ranch (kinda close to Temecula), Skyline (Corona), Dog Pak (San Clemente).

Trailforks is good to use to find places to ride. Also I use YouTube (specifically Mtb Alan and Tommy Huyn) to find new places to ride and get a general idea of what to expect.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles