Embolden (Stance) e+ upgrades

Clariss

Mar 6, 2022
Calgary
Newbie here so be kind please.

I have a 2021 Liv Embolden e+ 2 that im upgrading. Parts i already acquired are:
OneUp carbon handlebar
RF 350x400mm stem kashmoney
Giant 100mm dropper post
PNW loam dropper lever
Deity seatpost clamp
Sram NX 11-50t cassette black
Sram GX AXS upgrade kit
Sram XX1 gold chain

I also want to change my crankset, currently the stock direct mount 160mm 36T. I cant find anyone that knows which one will work. I just want the same # of teeth on the chainring but to something better and a lighter crank (arm) but 165mm. I believe its a square tube BB with no spider. I remember talking to someone before at a LBS that there is a crank and spider i can put in so i can use any chainring but cant remember who or where i met him. Anyone have any ideas?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I almost bought that Ebike. I had the 2020 Stance E+2 and i replaced it with the 2021
Stance E+2. For the price in my opinion it is the best, very reliable and lots of fun in my area
350 days. We have our preferences but maybe all these upgrades are not needed.
I understand a carbon handlebar i have one. The stem i can see.
I love the short arms so for me they are keepers.
I also love the transmission. I guess you are going for 11S?
I am now on 29x2.8 studded tires, in Quebec Canada we deal with snow/ice for 4-5 months.
I am pretty sure saving a pound on that Ebike will make no difference.
Yes i do love it. I pre-ordered the same 2022.

Clariss

Mar 6, 2022
Calgary
Heya, thanks for the reply. Im actually upgrading to a 12S thus the sram eagle drivetrain. I agree the bike is fun as it is and i just want to make it better with a better chainring and crank. Found a post here about using the full e+ spider but it seems that oart is only available in Europe.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I guess we are just different. I would maybe focus on the the front suspension i will find out in june.
Also i do not want the stock tires i have a pair of 3.0 waiting. Are you on 29?
Are you planning on other tires? I got this Stance in november so in may i will try my new tires.

Last edited:

Clariss

Mar 6, 2022
Calgary
Tires are 29ers, have been thinking of changing front and rear suspension to fox but maybe next year, that with the tires too.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Tires are 29ers, have been thinking of changing front and rear suspension to fox but maybe next year, that with the tires too.
You mentionned you are a beginner is it in Ebikes? Putting 2,000$ on a 4,000$ ebike i hope you know it is not a good investment for resale. But if you keep it for many years it might be worth it. Stickers are just stickers. A 12 speeds might not be better than a 10 speeds. Fox is just a name, if what you have is ok i suggest you keep it. I love the rear suspension but we ride different places so we have to select what works. I just ride a lot so i am not planning to be on the same bike for 4 years. Are you riding it now?

Clariss

Mar 6, 2022
Calgary
No i dont ride winter but ride hard terrains spring to fall. I plan to keep it as the ones i want are going for 15k+

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
No i dont ride winter but ride hard terrains spring to fall. I plan to keep it as the ones i want are going for 15k+
I am offering my point of view because you wrote you are a beginner. You probably paid about 4,400$ if you add 2,000$ in upgrades it will still have less value than the Intrigue with a 625Wh. You could have got one for 5,800$.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles