Electrified in Israel

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Hi all,
I’m 40 years old and live in Tel-Aviv. Been riding all my life and just made the switch from a Stumpjumper to a Merida eOne Sixty 8000.
So far I’m loving it and I’m discovering something new about EMTB on every ride.

safe_image.gif

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Hi all,
I’m 40 years old and live in Tel-Aviv. Been riding all my life and just made the switch from a Stumpjumper to a Merida eOne Sixty 8000.
So far I’m loving it and I’m discovering something new about EMTB on every ride.
I can ride for longer, go further, and enjoy myself more because I'm not hurting from the climbs. Every ride is an adventure! (y)

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
I was considering the Merida Vs Trek Rail (don't like the Levo) .
In Israel the Merida 8000 costs 1k$ less than the equivalent Rail 9.7.
I also like the shorter chainstay and it’s supposed to be more agile.
Bottom line, you need to like the geometry. All of the rest is Shimano Vs SRAM, Rockshox Vs Fox. Is there really a difference?
You really cant go wrong with any of the top brands.

Last edited:

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
Bottom line, you need to like the geometry. All of the rest is Shimano Vs SRAM, Rockshox Vs Fox. Is there really a difference?

Can you ride on the road in Israel?
When I visited, I don't recall seeing bike lanes; but maybe there are some now.
And in Israel, they drive cars like in other Mediteranean countries (ie., like maniacs :)).

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada

Sorry, one other question...
Is it possible to ride along the coast, say for example, between Herziliya and Tel-Aviv?

deanlute

Jul 21, 2020
Johannesburg, South AFrica
Oded, which company's presence in Israel is best - specialized, trek, giant? someone else?
I'm thinking of moving to Israel and getting a commuter ebike. But am looking at a specialized turbo levo and putting on slick tyres. The range of Vado bikes in South Africa is rather limited and I want to buy the bike here if possible. So I am thinking about a Levo as opposed to a Vado. I will probably live and work round Tel-Aviv/Raanana. What are your thoughts?

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
Hi,
I never heard of Vado. Specialized and specifically Turbo Levo are amongst the common ebikes here, alongside Trek, KTM and Merida

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
Sorry, one other question...
Is it possible to ride along the coast, say for example, between Herziliya and Tel-Aviv?
Yes, i do it all the time, BUT one point is sketchy: near the Sea and Sun hotel (where the prostitutes gather at night) the road is blocked by a fence. You can go around it, but the detour is 50 meters of sand. Not pleasant in dark time.

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
Can you ride on the road in Israel?
When I visited, I don't recall seeing bike lanes; but maybe there are some now.
And in Israel, they drive cars like in other Mediteranean countries (ie., like maniacs :)).
The law is to ride on the road, unless a bike lane is available (they do inside cities). I agree it’s far more dangerous then in other countries.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles