• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Eddie Current on to a bontrager wheel

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Has any one fitted the Eddy Current tyres on to the Bontrager wheel that you get with the Trek Rail 9.8.I have put one on mine and it just keeps blowing completely off the rim when i get to about 20psi the tyre is a 29x 2.6 and it is tight to fit so i thought it would be difficult get back off

Paulb

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2020
Kent uk
Should say on the rim. I’ve just fitted eddys to my trek rail 9.9, carbon rims, and your right what a pig to do ! The problem is that the tlr strip reduces the well of the rim to much and the lips of the eddys don’t both want to fit in. I removed the tlr and fitted a gorilla strip. Absolutely brilliant, loads more room now in well and rim edges , tyre fitted easy and pumped up well

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles