Ebike weight - does it make a difference ?

Cupracraig

Jan 20, 2023
Mendips
I think my Cube is 23-24KG..the only time ive noticed the weight being an issue is when trying to get over sty? the things on fences/walls.. or lift it high in general as i'm old and fat

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I think my Cube is 23-24KG..the only time ive noticed the weight being an issue is when trying to get over sty? the things on fences/walls.. or lift it high in general as i'm old and fat
Deer fence is bad the worst scenario you may have to take wheels off and battery out . Or carry wire cutters . Putting it on a waist high rack on my van is getting to feel harder than it was 4 years ago. Maybe it puts on weight as it gets older just like me 🤔 .

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Lifting a heavy bike is made easier by using a good technique. .......which is mostly about using your quad muscles rather than your back. Bend at the knee and grip the bike on the downtube or fork lower at the front and the seat stay at the back. Then just straighten your legs. The higher you need to lift the bike, the lower the places you grip on the bike. Even with good technique lifting the bike over a chest to shoulder high fence or gate really needs someone on the other side of the gate/fence to complete the lift over.

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
There are a couple of other options, carry a portable kicker ramp or Danny MacAskill front flip over said obstacles.
I’m with the hernia option.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles