EBike routes near Settle (Yorkshire dales)

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi.

My wife’s as just booked us a couple of nights away for my birthday next month ?. We are taking the Ebikes anybody recommend some descents trails or routes that we can use ?

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
I'm not sure how serious you are here...?
If you are able to read a map the whole area is riddled with bridleways ..go explore !?
Yea i can very well read a map or even use Trailforks, Just asking if people have a decent route that they recommend thats all.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The Dales Bike Centre in Reeth provides a wealth of information about XC routes across the Dales, but mainly based in Swaledale, which is the opposite end of the Dales to Settle!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
The Dales Bike Centre in Reeth provides a wealth of information about XC routes across the Dales, but mainly based in Swaledale, which is the opposite end of the Dales to Settle!

But as above I’d go to Ginsburn Forest for ready made red routes etc, not far from Settle

EezyRider

Sep 23, 2020
Lincolnshire
Take a look at Pedalnorths website, they have a number of routes around Yorkshire dales, varying lengths and technical levels. Riding the dales is much better than Gisburn, unless the weather is bad. Most routes around the dales are open and exposed with little chance of shelter ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Just because you seemed to take a bit of a hump at my first reply ( which at least got some suggestions for you ) ..I thought I would be kind and show that Im not the grumpy git you think I am ..?
2 rides in the area ..the second one could easily be started from Settle ( instead of Malham )
20210706_123359.jpg
20210706_124845.jpg

20210706_125047.jpg
20210706_124211.jpg

Have fun ..and a nice birthday ..??

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Couple of options

It's been ages since I've ridden over that side of the dales, but from what I remember there aren't many singletracks, it's mainly double track rocky bridleways (if that matters). It's open and exposed to the elements but never gets boggy so can be ridden all year round.

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
My favourite route with a starting point nearest Settle begins at Street Gate, east of Malham Tarn.

Following OS bridleways, go east on Mastiles Lane and then south to Weets Top via Lee Gate. From Weets Top, SE toward Winterburn Reservoir. Then north, via Moor Lane back up to Mastiles Lane again crossing Malham Moor Lane, NE to Kilnsey and then on the road NW toward Arncliffe. Just after the caravan park, at Arncliffe Cote turn left and then SW back to Street Gate. Our route starting at Moor Lane Threshfield is 23.5 miles so cutting this section out would make the ride just over 20 miles. Nothing technical and apart from the section from Kilnsey to Hawkswick Cote which is flat tarmac it's vitually all off road with superb views, particularly from the top of Arncliffe Cote.

If you do this, don't miss doing a short diversion at the top from Arncliffe Cote (Lee Gate High Mark) - you can't miss the Top Hat rocks. Top picture is Mastiles Lane and the one below is the lane leading up from Arncliffe Cote

Gisburn red route can be very technical in places (or at least it was on an acoustic bike!)
20200602_130030.jpg
20200602_143414.jpg
20201015_141329.jpg
at rock

Last edited:

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
My favourite route with a starting point nearest Settle begins at Street Gate, east of Malham Tarn.

Following OS bridleways, go east on Mastiles Lane and then south to Weets Top via Lee Gate. From Weets Top, SE toward Winterburn Reservoir. Then north, via Moor Lane back up to Mastiles Lane again crossing Malham Moor Lane, NE to Kilnsey and then on the road NW toward Arncliffe. Just after the caravan park, at Arncliffe Cote turn left and then SW back to Street Gate. Our route starting at Moor Lane Threshfield is 23.5 miles so cutting this section out would make the ride just over 20 miles. Nothing technical and apart from the section from Kilnsey to Hawkswick Cote which is flat tarmac it's vitually all off road with superb views, particularly from the top of Arncliffe Cote.

If you do this, don't miss doing a short diversion at the top from Arncliffe Cote (Lee Gate High Mark) - you can't miss the Top Hat rocks. Top picture is Mastiles Lane and the one below is the lane leading up from Arncliffe Cote

Gisburn red route can be very technical in places (or at least it was on an acoustic bike!)
View attachment 66057 View attachment 66058 View attachment 66056 at rock
Thank you that looks great

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire

View attachment 66057 View attachment 66058 View attachment 66056 at rock
Just been looking at stopping at the falcon inn at arncliffe for our pitstop on thursday. Do you have a GPX route of this i can look at?

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Excellent glad you enjoyed it, just been to Settle myself recently and picked up some new Hope wheels from 3 Peaks cycles after destroying my rear hun

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles