Ebike calibration ?

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
Dim I know but are ebikes set from factory with correct settings allowing for original tyres etc. I ask as my garmin gps and Bosch Kiox seem quite out .

I believe without turning it on , the wheel size setting is 2305mm although I need to check but my rough measurements for circumference this morning 29 wheels with Maxxis 2.6 DHR is more like 2400mm .

Anyone else experienced this and does my measurements sound off or are bikes set to wheel size not including tyres.

Last edited:

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
My merida e one forty has always been out. Similar to yours, speed and odometer reading show more than they should. This of course means I'm not getting assistance to a real 25kmh. Different tyres will have different circumferences, but mine was out on the original tyre too.

For some reason motorcycles always seem to show 5km or so faster than reality too.

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
For some reason motorcycles always seem to show 5km or so faster than reality too.
That’s because of legal requirements. A motor vehicle speedometer can’t read under your actual speed, but can read 10% over. Manufacturers spec them a bit high in the UK to make sure they’re legal at all times. I’ve found hire cars in the US are pretty much accurate, but their laws are different.

To the OP, don’t worry, if your wheels are slightly larger than set then you’ll get a little more speed before the assist cuts out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles