Levo Gen 2 EBike 6 month service ?

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
The bike shop I got my Levo 2020 from recommends a £50 service "after 6 months / 600 miles". Firstly I've done 700 miles in 1 month so don't see why it estimates it takes 6 months to do 600 miles on a bike such as this!!

The service includes basic jobs which I think I could do myself such as cleaning electrical points, replacement gear cables, lubed chain and a test ride. However there's a few points on the list I'm not sure about:
"Free software upgrade" - what is this and what difference would it make ?
"Grease casing" - What's this mean ? Casing for what and what type of grease ?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
"Free software upgrade" is upgrading firmwares of motor, battery and TCU (for TCU you can do it by yourself with MC app), this will fix some bugs, issues, maybe also give some new features, unfortunately Specialized doesn't give out release notes, but this may change in future.
"Grease casing" may refer to greasing the outer cable for dropper or rear derailleur ...

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
gear cables? I have the originals on my acoustics circa 2012 :rolleyes:. I've never taken car, motorbike or pushy in for a service. Always bought new and serviced myself; I like to have some confidence in what I'm riding / driving :). I know there are some awesome mechanics, but one of those awesome mechanics may not be there when you need one.

Last edited:

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Its a generic safety check for the bike,
Its a bolt check, lube up, and tune of gears ect.

Its all fairly basic stuff for most home mechanics, apart from the Firmware updates (which you can only do some via the app)

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Are the firmware updates that important ? Don't see the need to go through all the hassle of taking it to the bike shop and paying £50 just for that

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Its a generic safety check for the bike,
Its a bolt check, lube up, and tune of gears ect.

Its all fairly basic stuff for most home mechanics, apart from the Firmware updates (which you can only do some via the app)
AFAIK first basic safety check had to be done at around 300kms (=185 miles) and was free of charge at my LBS.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
The bike shop I got my Levo 2020 from recommends a £50 service "after 6 months / 600 miles". Firstly I've done 700 miles in 1 month so don't see why it estimates it takes 6 months to do 600 miles on a bike such as this!!

The service includes basic jobs which I think I could do myself such as cleaning electrical points, replacement gear cables, lubed chain and a test ride. However there's a few points on the list I'm not sure about:
"Free software upgrade" - what is this and what difference would it make ?
"Grease casing" - What's this mean ? Casing for what and what type of grease ?
The LBS (Spesh concept) I brought my Levo from did a free service after 6 months as I missed the freebie 6 week one?
Replace gear cables? Lube chain and test ride...sounds like they’re trying to pull your pants down...like you say you can do all that yourself. Only take it in if you think something needs fixing. Save the money and maybe get some new pads if needed ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles