E-MTB Races & Events

Jan 18, 2018
Australia
Hi all.
I've started this thread to have a place for people to share E-MTB races and events going around. There are plenty of races popping up around the world with E-MTB categories included.

Please use this template for details:

E-MTB CATEGORIES:
EVENT WEB ADDRESS:
DETAILS:

Happy racing!!

Last edited:

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
EVENT NAME: ELEV8 XC 8hr 2018 Black Cat Edition
E-MTB CATEGORIES: Solo Mens & Womens, Mixed Pairs, Mixed Teams
EVENT WEB ADDRESS: my.race|result : : ELEV8 XCM 8hr 2018 BLACK CAT EDITION, 18/08/2018-19/08/2018
DETAILS: Great event riding some amazing singletrack. Family and kid friendly.

Hope to see some of you there!!

Cheers!!
Hmmm, looks interesting! Do you have any more details about the riding area? Also, how will eMTB's fare in an 8 hour event? What restrictions on replacement batteries etc etc will be in place?

Jan 18, 2018
Australia
Hmmm, looks interesting! Do you have any more details about the riding area? Also, how will eMTB's fare in an 8 hour event? What restrictions on replacement batteries etc etc will be in place?

Hey.
The riding area will be in the Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park. Most of the trail will be flat, with the chance of a slight uphill section. They are aiming the race at everyone and families, so the trails won't be technical.

There are no rules regarding the use of multiple batteries, however you still have to ride the bike for 8hrs.

I'm pretty sure my Steps8000 battery would last about 5-6hrs riding on Eco.

I guess there are different strategies you could play out. Boost for as many laps, for a fast number of laps. Eco, for slow and steady laps and maybe last the 8hrs.

Do you think the organisers should put a "Single Use" battery rule? I guess this would keep it fare. It's the first race of it's kind around here, so we're open to any suggestions.

I'm keen to do it Solo, purely to see how long the battery lasts, and I also have a spare battery to get me to the end. However, I'm not sure my body would last 8hrs on the bike!!

Laters
D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles