E-Connect!!

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Does anybody’s e-connect work ?

I genuinely can’t work out what is supposed to do.

I’ve watched all the YouTube videos so I’m up to speed on theory but the reality is something different.

Firstly it takes about 15 minutes to find a gps signal. If/when it does the bike is still dithering about.

Am I to understand that you can lock/unlock the bike via the e-connect? Simply doesn’t work.
I still need to piss about dealing in the pass code via the remote control button.

Using the e- connect to track a route is pure comedy. 20k reads about 45k. This I believe is possibly to do with the tuning box.
Rant over.

Swissete

May 6, 2020
Spain
Mine is unreliable too. It reads around 10% more distance than any other GPS and takes a while to start measuring.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
I guess it could work beter in free view of the satellites, not directly below the motor.
Absolutely. When I discovered where it was I was amazed. The only reason can be the length of the harness. That’s easily extended. Quite funny really, I have the auto-text after a crash thing set up. The one and only time it’s worked was when I had the bike upside down in the workshop and i got a call from my pal asking if I was ok!!
I did take the bike outside and leave it upside down to see if it could see a satellite, didn’t seem to make much difference.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I have used the e-connect for a while now and yes it needs some serious work.

GPS issues arise when you dont have the location services set to always on for the app on your phone.

Altitude has never worked as long as I've used it. Bosch let you link a Kamoot account or you can export the ride to Stava afterwards and that will have it on.

You would think that this day and age all this tech would be able to record accurately but I just stick with one piece of kit, note the readouts and use it as a point of reference. I think if you want very accurate readings then you are going to be disappointed but what you will be able to tell is how one ride compared to another.

I love the fact that you dont need to buy other sensors for cadence and power output. The sat-nav is ok when you are dealing with new routes but in my experience a little slow. It uses your phone app for GPS so I guess its only as good as the phone.

Potato22

Dec 26, 2020
Surrey
On my original bike it didn't work, because the factory gave a batch the same ID. So the person in Italy who registered first locked out everyone else.
I ended up having to get a replacement bike to try and fix the issue. On the new bike the econnect has never worked in 2 years.
Haibike really should be prosecuted for selling a feature that simply doesn't exist.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles