E Booz battery extender DO NOT BUY

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK
Woah! That's a big lad.

I went for the smaller one as I already have a TEC pack (came with bike) but I carry my E-booz (252ah) as a reserve power supply just in case I need it to get me home as I have to negotiate a 1000ft climb.

Your power cable looks better made than mine, does it have a join halfway along it?
Hi does the E-Booz work the same as the tec pack can I use it after the internal is empty or does it need to be used 1st

MTBJay

Jul 20, 2020
UK
I've had no problems with the actual battery, just that it arrived, after six weeks of waiting, with a cracked end cover and when in use the connecting cable suffered two solder joint breakages.

From your photograph it looks like the Rosenberg is now also used on the battery pack itself (this wasn't the case with mine, just the bike frame) so they may be using the same lead as the TEC pack. This is very robust lead so, as long as they actually deliver, you could be looking at a very useful product.

Using this extender gives you a battery of 600+ wh and I get about twelve to fifteen miles extra out of it which makes the bike just about perfect.
Does this work the same as the tec pack, can i use it after the internal battery is empty?

Jay

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Did you order one?

Not yet ?

I think you can use it whenever you want, it just overrides the internal battery.

It is charged by the standard Focus charger, and has a one year warranty, I asked them a couple of questions the other day, I got a quick reply this time, maybe because I said thanks at the end of the email in Italian ?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Bump...

Well, I thought I'd order the Focus specific battery, wasn't sure at the time if @TrailwattsUK was definitely going to make one, what a complete and utter bunch of thieving bastards E-booz are!

Quite responsive and friendly pre-order, then afterwards nothing, confirmation of order only, I think they actually blocked my email address as my emails were getting returned.

Registered on Facebook and messaged them on there, no response again, found several other people on there had the same issue, money taken and no response afterwards.

Eventually I rang my credit card company and have now had a refund so all good in the end, especially as I've now ordered the @TrailwattsUK version ?

Moral of this story, don't ignore the warnings about this company ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles