e-bike stand

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
Being new to the e-bike scene, after being out on a ride, get home and rinse the bike off with hosepipe, I would normally spray some chainlube onto drive chain (this was easy on old MTB, as you could spin the pedal cranks backward), but my e-bike won't. So was looking at some sort of stand to rise the rear wheel off the ground and spotted this at a reasonable price . Anyone here used one, is it any good or a complete waste of time.

Ibera Cycling IB-ST2 Bike Stand, Black

Dazb

Sep 27, 2021
North East England
What bit of the bike are you attachine the clamp to ?. I've the same stand, but am a bit concerned the weight will put undue strain on whatever i hold it by.
I attach it to the seat post, Not ideal but it works for now, I'm going to make a jig so it fits where the rear shock attaches and the triangular section at the bottom of the seat post (Whyte e150rs), I seen the idea on here somewhere.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Being new to the e-bike scene, after being out on a ride, get home and rinse the bike off with hosepipe, I would normally spray some chainlube onto drive chain (this was easy on old MTB, as you could spin the pedal cranks backward), but my e-bike won't. So was looking at some sort of stand to rise the rear wheel off the ground and spotted this at a reasonable price . Anyone here used one, is it any good or a complete waste of time.

I've got one of those, or something very similar, it's ok but not that sturdy on its own, I've got one of THESE which the front wheel goes in to.

But if you just want to lube the chain then @Gary suggestion works well.

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
I ended up making my own stand with a feedback clamp. It's made out of stainless steel seamless pipe and has a 70lb base of steel.

IMG_1598.jpg

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark

Hack of the day 🤘
1. Place the bike in your bike stand
2. Push the walk button with your right hand
3. Lube your chain with the left hand

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I bought one of these recently. Not the sturdiest but does the job, It managed to hold my ebike and its roughly 23kg whilst I bled the brakes Jobsworth Bicycle Repair Workstand
I second this style of bike stand as you will have to work on your bike at some stage and this gets it all up to a nice work height. Same price range as the other stand you were looking at. In saying that, I had to reinforce it with some metal hose clamps around the plastic fittings just to make it all a bit stronger for the extra weight of the ebike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Reusable zip tie is my tip for lubing the chain.

For a stand just get any half decent one and put a rag around your top tube when clamping it

Ogofmole

Oct 30, 2021
Wales, UK
Spotted this in Aldi this morning, only £6.99 so thought it had to be worth a try. Anyway got it home fitted it to roof in bike shed, had to bend the hooks a little bit more so that it went all the way under the handlebars and under the seat itself. And it lifted the bike nicely just to clear the ground so that I can spin the wheels and lube the chain (which is all I needed it to do). It is well made and feels solid.
P1230833.jpg

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Once I replaced the e8000 left hand mode selector with an e7000, if I flip the bike over and rest the bars on something a bit soft, I do chain maintainable upside down. We camp a lot and I try to take as little extra stuff as possible. Yes it doesn't work for many bike issues but simple chain stuff it's fine.

If ya can't flip your bike over without breaking something like an over size piece of electronics, then eventually you will crash and break that over size piece of electronics. It's a bike not a TV set.

JimmyBoy

Subscriber
Jun 7, 2019
UK
I rigged something similar in my shed to make adjustments to the derailleur but as I started to turn the pedals the whole bike swung about making adjustment impossible with the added risk of losing fingers.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Once I replaced the e8000 left hand mode selector with an e7000, if I flip the bike over and rest the bars on something a bit soft, I do chain maintainable upside down. We camp a lot and I try to take as little extra stuff as possible. Yes it doesn't work for many bike issues but simple chain stuff it's fine.

If ya can't flip your bike over without breaking something like an over size piece of electronics, then eventually you will crash and break that over size piece of electronics. It's a bike not a TV set.
Yes i do a lot like that as well for a lot of never damaged anything either few scuffs maybe. . I have a stand which is ok if wheels of just it will only clamp rounder bottom dropper .
I rigged something similar in my shed to make adjustments to the derailleur but as I started to turn the pedals the whole bike swung about making adjustment impossible with the added risk of losing fingers.
That's why you really need a stand. Ive tied bike up in the past as you say swings all over. Decent stands are coming in at £300 nowadays. Could probably get one made by a fabricator for 100 max.