e-bike specific Hope brake pads

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Has anyone tried these pads before? They were in the box with my new brakes but I can't find any information about them on the net.

Cheers
IMG_1495.jpeg

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
No, I've messaged Hope on Twitter so I'll let you know if they come back with any info. I've fitted my front and put them in so I'll bed them in in the morning and see what's what.
IMG_1502.jpeg

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
I found this webpage from the markings on the pad. Looks like they're made by Galfer

GALFER - Brake pads for bicycle and mountain bikes

"The new compound G1652 stands out for its resistance to high temperatures, braking power, durability and absence of noise. Developed specifically for electric bicycles, which are characterized by the increase in the total weight and the speed of the vehicle, due to an electric motor that generate higher propulsion."

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
The orange theme looks dope! I have the original sintered pads and I'm curious to how long they will last given the extra weight and all. Good info, thanks!

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
No worries. I had no problems with the Guide Re's to be honest. I just fell down a colour coding rabbit hole which was originally supposed to cost me about 150 quid. Well, we all know how that ends... :eek:.

I can't wait to give these a try though, I already love the levers and I've not even ridden it yet!

lolp

Apr 5, 2019
london england
No worries. I had no problems with the Guide Re's to be honest. I just fell down a colour coding rabbit hole which was originally supposed to cost me about 150 quid. Well, we all know how that ends... :eek:.

I can't wait to give these a try though, I already love the levers and I've not even ridden it yet!

Hey I've just received my new purple V4's (not yet fitted) and similarly will be interested to know how the ebike pads fair against the sintered ones. Please post how you find them Hitby.

I know what you mean about the colour coding rabbit hole - Ive already 'had to buy' the matching seal post clamp and grip lockrings and am looking now at my very basic lacklustre black stem - the question is to go from 45 to 50 or 35mm? hmmm - and when the drivetrain needs renewing in the spring a nice purple chainring - it just goes on and ono_O

I've also looked at the hope Fortus wheels with sparkly colour coded hubs but at £425 just to bling it up its hard to justify.....not that I usually need a reason :cool:...it will happen:devilish:

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
I'm using Galfer pads on my P bikes. When my new E bike's rear pads shagged at 115 miles (!) I tried to get the new Galfer EMTB grade pads but my supplier only had the Galfer Pro grade pad for the XTR calipers on the Haibike. These new pads are excellent - adding feel & power to the braking & the best bit - no noise. The original shimano resin pads just screeched everywhere, most embarrassing and a joke wear rate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles