E-bike availability.. whats your (current) experience

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I bought my last bike way back at the end of '19 and they were discounting them, in preparation for the new '20 model
I'm now interested in replacing it and though there does seem to be stock (Spesch Levo), there's seemingly bugger all chance of a discount (well until the new ones are launched and then if there's actually any left.... )

How's your ordering process going? Are we still waiting 6months for a bike, or is availability increasing, now the covid restrictions have gone. I glanced at the Scott Ransom availability, after the Loam Wolf's glowing review and then test win, but you can't even pre-order a XL (my size) seemingly.
Scott Ransom review
Wiggle has definite stock of some Vitus E-sommets.. what ppl's experience?

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
No real discounts unless you know a dealer well. I do know a couple but that is obviously rare. I do buy more than most (maybe 25 high end MTBs and 10-15 road/gravel bikes in the past ten years) so I get deals from the guys I know. That said, those days are not back yet in general.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Surprisingly I am finding dealers now doing deals and even seeing bikes advertised with discount which was certainly not the case 2020-2021.

Kevjob51

May 22, 2022
Colorado
I got lucky with my Reign E+2. Was looking online just so happened upon Robs Reign review and the lbs near me had one in stock in large frame per Giants website. Went down on Wednesday put a deposit as it was in the box still. Picked it up few days later on Saturday am. I looked at 15 different ones online, none in stock locally except the Reign!

IMG_20220526_112711381.jpg

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria
I bought my last bike way back at the end of '19 and they were discounting them, in preparation for the new '20 model
I'm now interested in replacing it and though there does seem to be stock (Spesch Levo), there's seemingly bugger all chance of a discount (well until the new ones are launched and then if there's actually any left.... )

How's your ordering process going? Are we still waiting 6months for a bike, or is availability increasing, now the covid restrictions have gone. I glanced at the Scott Ransom availability, after the Loam Wolf's glowing review and then test win, but you can't even pre-order a XL (my size) seemingly.
Scott Ransom review
Wiggle has definite stock of some Vitus E-sommets.. what ppl's experience?
I was looking for a mondraker chaser R, found 2 in stock in Staffordshire. true North cycle hub , rather than pondering and selling old eBike to fund this, I bought it, traveled about 140 miles thou to get it. My nearest shop , wheelbase near Kendal in Cumbria , had none, and as far as I’m aware they still don’t have any, had my bike around 6/7 weeks now.
if you see one in stock, buy it in my opinion , a lot of cash like , but if your in for one , just get it.
on the plus side as well, my first decent outing on it in Keswick , met a couple who hired 2 eBikes , said I had an Orbea wild for sale, sent them pics, they bought it a day or 2 later , so happy days all round !

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Down here in NZ, there is some 2022 stock but not much. You'd have to know someone pretty well to get a discount. Supply and demand states that majority won't get a deal on a new bike. I'd say only 30-40% of 2022 models across brands are in stock (multiple sizes even less chance)

I'm 8 (hopefully) weeks away from my Rail 9.8XT

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles