E bike at bike park wales. Yes or no

TurboKenny

Jan 22, 2022
Cotswolds
Absolutely take the levo. I ride my Kenevo there all the time, you can go up part of beast of burden and cut through the woods to the top. When you are there someone on an eeb will direct you :)

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Cheers everyone think I might give the levo a go. I’m planning on 3 separate days at bpw this year if I hire a bike each time it becomes quite expensive.

Semi_Colon

Oct 24, 2020
West Sussex
First visit was on my e-bike. All good but heavier to lift on to the trailers for the uplift. Second visit took the analogue bike and have to say it was better. Kinda forgot that a light bike has quite a few advantages on down hill man made runs. Riding up is great on an e-bike as long as you’re all on them. Bottom line for me as BPW is great and either bike is 👍😎

Marquez93

Oct 21, 2021
Kent, UK
You'll find that 50% of people there are on ebikes. I believe they now have a steep direct route to the top of the mountain specifically made for ebikes. This will be quicker and use less juice than doing the beast of burden or any other routes to the top.
My 2nd visit will be 19th and 20th March, I ride an ebike all the time so wouldn't use anything else at BPW, and I use the uplift. Albeit a bit of a heave to get the bike on the trailer... I'm old.
Lots of guys ride them, and loads of young people as well, which was surprising to me.
18 of us going, with I think 3 ebikes.
A great place to improve your skills, I love it there.

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
BPW is great in the ebike. I find it more tiring riding down than peddling back up, except the steep C5 climb. I did that once and never again, it’s easier to go the long way round and doesn’t take long anyway.
I’m also done before the battery runs out and it’s cheaper than the uplift so it’s all good.

Trekka

Jan 24, 2022
UK
I’ve done bpw a few times on the eeb. First few times, I rode up the fireroad route next to beast of burden and got 6-7 full (blue/red) runs plus some messing around on popty ping. Usually ended up with around 25-30% left on my 700w battery (trail mode) and body knackered before the bike.

the last time, I did that new eeb trials climb. It was a trail/turbo combination and swore I’d not do that again 😀
[Noted tidy logo 😉]

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Just spent two impromptu days at BPW. We hadn’t booked so thought we’d get e bike pass and mix it up with individual passes they say are available on the website.

They don’t do this anymore!! But as was Friday they said come back at 11am and if any no shows we could upgrade to uplift.

We done 2 climbs and 8 uplifts.

Yesterday was busy so we knew we wouldn’t get on the uplift so just self shuttled.

700w levo is 5 runs max for me as I was doing 20% up and down.

we charged for an hr at lunch with a view of doing 2 more runs (6 total) but after 5 runs and two days called it a day.

The steep climb is a killer and worse on battery imo. Worth doing once but I find the fire road climbs isn’t much longer and defo easier on legs and battery. We was doing Beast of burden in 18mins so not long at all.

either way, uplift or ride, it’s a mega place! 👍🏻

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Thread resurrection! Going to self uplift on Saturday, new bike has a non removable battery (750 Bosch though so could be worse), anyone know if it is possible to plug a complete bike in at the trail centre?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles