Dropper post help

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi forum, my name is Grant, I have just bought my first emtb, a 2019 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 500 SL 27.5. Bought it 2nd hand but barely used from a known person and it is as new. I am sorry for the crap photo, better ones will follow. When the bike was shipped to me, the bike shop that packed it cut the outer tube of the dropper post cable too short and it pulled thru the frame. I now need to route it back thru and I can't seem to find a way through the frame and around the bottom of the shock mount section. Has anyone done this in the past & has any advice? Dont worry about the forks being back to front in the bottom picture, I was still unpacking and putting it together and next job was straighten forks, fit mudguard and get to the cables!
Top View.jpg
20200326_171947.jpg

Last edited:

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
On 2019 models better to rout it outside . Not the best looking solution but works better and you don´t have to dismount the motor.

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
That frame and motor look the same as my 2018. I dropped the motor to fit a new rear brake. It wasn't a big deal.

I think I posted photos on here. You can find them with a search.

Edit: I did a search and can't find the photos. However it was pretty straightforward to route the brake hose. It's even possible (can't remember) that my dropper cable runs around the motor to have less bend. So you might not even have to drop the motor, just remove the covers.

Edit2: found it, here's the thread with photos.
Remove motor from Cube Reaction HT, add Dropper? - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to make a suggestion or offer help.....very much appreciated. I did resolve the issue by following GGX advice and I routed the cable outside the frame..........went for my first off road ride today, 17kms at Manly Dam in the Northern Beaches area of Sydney, near where I live. It was muddy and slippery due to some pretty heavy rainfall over the last 48 hours but a heap of fun. I am still trying to get to know the bike but it was a way faster trip round the track than normal and I rode all the way up Heartbreak Hill, a feat never before imagined! I love my Cube!
20200329_101449.jpg