Dream ebike of the future. What would you want?

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but I would think a dynamo sort of thing to charge the battery as you ride would be high up the list. No idea if its at all feasible to implement, though it would be cool. Obviously not meaning you can have infinite battery life but enough charge back to double/triple the range would be awesome.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Longer warranty.
More efficient, powerful motor for smaller batteries or longer range.
Reliable motors.
Faster charging.
Waterproof ratings.
Lighter weight.
Lockable.
More reasonable entry level price for new ebikers.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
After years of waiting along comes my dream.....just need to persuade them to make Full Suss....Bags be the first UK customer.
Its a full auto gearbox NO derailleur ......Bring it on
Tunturi.jpg

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
I havent paying attention to the major developments in Ebikes for past 5 or so .I wanted one when they first came out . But couldn't afford one . Anyways my levo expert is my dream bike. Although I wouldn't mind the same bike about 4 kgs lighter.

Last edited:

Hey taxi !

Aug 27, 2022
Geneva
With all the stuff thats hitting the bike tech news recently it got me thinking... If you could have a bike with the current tech / around the corner tech what would it be?

Mine would be something like this
  • 160 mm Travel with 'Live Wire' adaptability to adjust on the fly when needed
  • 500 Wh lighter cheaper in frame battery but have modular capability to add another 250 Wh inside the frame for epic all day rides
  • Fast Charging to 80% in 30 minutes. Trail centres with charging stations. Industry standard charging adaptor (industry should get together and agree a single standard)
  • Modular lights that run off the battery. Must be able to be removed and there be very little visible bracketing left over. Runs off bike battery (I enjoy night rides!)
  • Wireless Shifting (not gonna lie the SRAM AXS looks amazing)
  • Smart stuff like GPS tracking for anti theft (so many bikes being stolen at the moment). Ability to add / remove a screen, for BLEvo functionality.
  • Silent motor with seamless disengagement
  • 18 KG
  • 29er wheels
  • 5 year warranty for all manufacturing defects
  • A shit hot dealer to take care of you
I was hoping that Rion would work on a minimalist hybrid emtb. Unfortunately, it is not on the agenda as suggested. They did great with their RE 90 scooter that goes up to 100 miles per hour. I a bit disapointed to see that US is not at the top of tech in the bike field. And Europe is slow and decaying. I can wait a year or two, but this might be too short to find my dream bike. Cause I am already 65...

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
500 Wh lighter cheaper in frame battery but have modular capability to add another 250 Wh inside the frame for epic all day rides
  • I want the possiblity to add a 500Wh or 750Wh externally, but decently fixed for jumps.

Smart stuff like GPS tracking for anti theft (so many bikes being stolen at the moment).
I would pay more for a lower spec ugly bike if it doesn't have this.

Recent history and reglementation showed me that I don't want Bosch/Goverment to know where I am at what moment, with which transport method, at which speed.
If needed I will connect my Gps device of choice to + and - of the bike.

I add this to the list:
  • "Invisible" double USB QC3.0 quickcharge socket for Smartphone, Garmin, Lights,...
  • World Universal charging socket.
Like: A "heavy" external universal charger supplies 53V,
the inside lightweight buck controller converts it to what the specific battery/system wants.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles