Do you ever go up MASSIVE steep hills with no hands just to take the piss?

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
I don't even bother with the bike sometimes.... and you know Tom Cruises rock climbing scene at the beginning of MI 2,?...taught him everything he knows

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
only if im going past folk on clockwork bikes but then ill ensure I get my phone out as well to tinker on as I go past 😎
I usually zip past analogue bikers, but occasionally I get a superfit dude who hears the motor whine, and starts speeding up, I can feel the rage coming off them. I sometimes like to hang behind them for a minute or so, just to watch them suffer. It's not big and It's not clever, but it's funny.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
This is getting to be like us vs them / cyclists vs car drivers / pedestrians vs cyclists / pedestrians vs car drivers etc etc.
Don't know about everyone else but i've been a pedestrian for the longest time, a cycle for nearly as long, a motorcyclist for a good while and a car driver for almost as long. ( All so far years n years, nay, decades).
Last year i got an emtb and i'm enjoying that as much as all the other sh!t i've been doing for years 😁.
Ah, i also swim. Don't get me started on surfers, paddle boarders and especcccccially jet skiers. 😤😤😤😂😂

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
This is getting to be like us vs them / cyclists vs car drivers / pedestrians vs cyclists / pedestrians vs car drivers etc etc.
Don't know about everyone else but i've been a pedestrian for the longest time, a cycle for nearly as long, a motorcyclist for a good while and a car driver for almost as long. ( All so far years n years, nay, decades).
Last year i got an emtb and i'm enjoying that as much as all the other sh!t i've been doing for years 😁.
Ah, i also swim. Don't get me started on surfers, paddle boarders and especcccccially jet skiers. 😤😤😤😂😂
Correct me if I am wrong, but what I think I am hearing you say is that there are a$$holes in all walks of life and in every sport. Try not to be THAT a$$hole who ruins it for everyone else? Around here, I would like to say we (mtb'rs) try to be courteous and pleasant to everyone who uses the trail system but there will always be those who don't like to share. Why give them ammunition by being an a$$hole blasting by someone who is "enjoying" their time riding, hiking etc. I personally don't like Stav'holes who come up behind me yelling "RIDER" like they are in a race. I try not to let it affect my ride and I pull over and let them pass when its safe to do so. I have had a few riders yell at me for not yeilding immediately. I just point at my LOCAL TRAIL buidling donation sticker and politely ask them if they own, help maintain or donate to the trails they use. The answer is usually no. Who is the a$$hole now?

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Correct me if I am wrong, but what I think I am hearing you say is that there are a$$holes in all walks of life and in every sport. Try not to be THAT a$$hole who ruins it for everyone else? Around here, I would like to say we (mtb'rs) try to be courteous and pleasant to everyone who uses the trail system but there will always be those who don't like to share. Why give them ammunition by being an a$$hole blasting by someone who is "enjoying" their time riding, hiking etc. I personally don't like Stav'holes who come up behind me yelling "RIDER" like they are in a race. I try not to let it affect my ride and I pull over and let them pass when its safe to do so. I have had a few riders yell at me for not yeilding immediately. I just point at my LOCAL TRAIL buidling donation sticker and politely ask them if they own, help maintain or donate to the trails they use. The answer is usually no. Who is the a$$hole now?
Yeah

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
I usually zip past analogue bikers, but occasionally I get a superfit dude who hears the motor whine, and starts speeding up, I can feel the rage coming off them. I sometimes like to hang behind them for a minute or so, just to watch them suffer. It's not big and It's not clever, but it's funny.
Haha. I've had people overtake me on purpose with a kind of "I'll show him attitude" and I'm like 'OK, I'm not gonna race this guy, but I'm gonna keep pace with him' I find out that they blown their load early, I overtake them an they're never seen again 😄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles