Do they make a removable water bottle cage?

Point Reyes

Aug 10, 2021
Somerset, UK
If I mount the cage to my Planet 2 I can't get the battery out. I don't understand what they expected folks to do.

Are there cages that attach to a mounted bracket? I've looked around but don't see any. Here's a photo showing the the cage mounts.

Many thanks.
bottle_cage.jpg

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire

Point Reyes

Aug 10, 2021
Somerset, UK
That's pretty slick but a bit expensive. We have two bikes.

Thanks though.
edit: Taking a second look at this. I guess the price isn't too outrageous when you consider it's a bottle and a bracket.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The slightly smaller Fidlock own brand bottles are IMO the best water bottle I have used, mainly because of the flip open cap that covers the nozel and keeps mud and road crap off of it

D41A366D-7724-4847-9516-91E168E53F69.jpeg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
That's pretty slick but a bit expensive. We have two bikes.

Thanks though.
edit: Taking a second look at this. I guess the price isn't too outrageous when you consider it's a bottle and a bracket.

They do seem ridiculously expensive, but I have had the small one for over 2 years and have found it to be reliable, quick and easy to remove/replace the bottle, and a very neat fitting, which you hardly notice if the bottle is out of it.

They are great if you have a limited space to fit a bottle as the bottle can come out sideways from either side. In your case the fitting should leave plenty of space to remove your battery.

They are well-made and should last for years (mine still looks like new) so an investment rather than an expense!

You can also buy spare bottles without the bracket if you want to have bottles of different sizes for different rides.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
The slightly smaller Fidlock own brand bottles are IMO the best water bottle I have used, mainly because of the flip open cap that covers the nozel and keeps mud and road crap off of it

View attachment 70403

That's interesting, I bought the small bottle 2 years ago but it does not have the nozzle cover.
I have not seen one with a nozzle cover before; are they a new design?

Point Reyes

Aug 10, 2021
Somerset, UK
They do seem ridiculously expensive, but I have had the small one for over 2 years and have found it to be reliable, quick and easy to remove/replace the bottle, and a very neat fitting, which you hardly notice if the bottle is out of it.

They are great if you have a limited space to fit a bottle as the bottle can come out sideways from either side. In your case the fitting should leave plenty of space to remove your battery.

They are well-made and should last for years (mine still looks like new) so an investment rather than an expense!

You can also buy spare bottles without the bracket if you want to have bottles of different sizes for different rides.
Yes, I think this is the answer and that smaller one looks perfect. Thanks a lot.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
That's interesting, I bought the small bottle 2 years ago but it does not have the nozzle cover.
I have not seen one with a nozzle cover before; are they a new design?
Yes, came out about a year ago, I have a couple of the older bottles too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles